Analyst – GBSC Legal Compliance
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Analyst - GBSC Legal Compliance
Global Compliance & Ethics provides expert compliance leadership to the organization. The Anti-Corruption team withing Global Compliance has built a robust testing and monitoring program that allows the team to communicate how well Mastercard offices are performing against Mastercard standards and regulatory requirements.
The GBSC (Global Business Services Center) is the shared services organization for Mastercard. The GBSC team supports Global Compliance & Ethics in meeting compliance obligations.
Reporting to the Director, GBSC Compliance Services, the Analyst will be a part of the GBSC, and support Global Compliance & Ethics by 1) performing tests of Compliance control effectiveness 2) following up on testing results and 3) creating summarized reporting of results for sharing with Mastercard stakeholders.
•Do you have experience performing detailed testing to ensure policies and procedures are being followed?
•Do you have a curious mind that will lead you to investigate to understand the root cause of issues uncovered in testing?
•Do you enjoy building informative reporting to help business owners manage their business?
•Perform detailed tests of Compliance controls based on documented testing steps to ensure Mastercard employee comply with policies, procedures, laws, and regulations
•Summarize and communicate results of testing in a timely, clear, and concise manner
•Apply critical thinking to interpret data and documentation to determine whether it adequately meets the policy and regulatory requirements, including documenting the rationale behind the decisions
•Summarize test results and data sets and incorporate results them into informative management reporting
•Communicate gaps and opportunities for improvement in testing and monitoring program so that the program is continuously improving
•Collaborate with internal business partners to identify problem solving solutions to challenges in executing testing program
All About You
• Experience performing control tests - particularly in an audit capacity
• CIA, CFE, and/or Relevant Compliance Certifications also considered
• Strong business acumen, analytical, and problem solving skills - particularly resourcefulness in identifying solutions to problems
• Banking or card payment experience a plus.
• Familiarity with the UK Bribery Act and United States Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
• Self-starter who is flexible and solutions-oriented, and able to work in a team-based environment.
• Ability to summarize data into meaningful results and reports used to drive the business
• Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required
• Experience with data analysis, ACL GRC, Alteryx, and Tableau is helpful
• Fluency in English, and additional languages preferred.
• Ability to juggle substantial competing demands and adapt to evolving priorities a must.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Attention to detail is critical.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
See Inside the Office of Mastercard
Mastercard operates one of the world’s fastest payment processing networks, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments, and businesses in hundreds of countries around the world. The company’s products and solutions aim to make everyday activities such as shopping, traveling, running a business, and managing finances easy, secure, and efficient for everyone.
Back to top