Analyst, Data Scientist - Brighterion
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Analyst, Data Scientist - Brighterion
Brighterion is an award winning Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Company recently acquired by Mastercard. Our innovative cross channel AI solutions are applied in industries such as fintech, investment banking, biotech, and insurance. The team at Brighterion pushes the boundaries of innovation for in pure Artificial Intelligence technologies with a culture focused on delivering the results our clients expect and deserve.
The Internal Mastercard Core Modeling team of the Brighterion Data Science department is responsible for creating Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) and Machine Learning (M.L.) models for Mastercard internal modeling opportunities. One of its primary goal is develop production ready models using Brighterion Software suite: iModel, iLearn, iMonitor. The models are for the EMS and DI platform, and also for any other internal Mastercard opportunities.
The team is also responsible for developing automated processes for creating models covering all modeling steps, from data extraction up to delivery. In addition, the processes are designed to scale, to be repeatable, resilient and industrialized.
Main activities are as follow:
- Use Brighterion's A.I. and M.L. modeling applications to develop models: iLearn, iModel, iMonitor.
- Design, implement, execute and maintain automated modeling programs and processes to create production ready models.
- Engage with various Mastercard teams at every steps of the modeling process from the initial review of the requirements to the review of the documentation of the final model. At every steps, the business/product owners and the project teams are kept up-to-date of the progress of the creation of the models via weekly meetings.
As a data scientist you will:
- Use iLearn, iModel and iMonitor to develop A.I. and M.L. models.
- Develop automated processes using Java, Bash scripts and SQL.
- Deep dive into historical datasets to understand the data, the problem the customer wants to address, any new trend, anomalies, etc.
- Assist customers with model governance processes.
- Keep customers up-to-date of the progress via weekly meetings and via reports delivered at the completion of each steps (data validation, data labeling, data sampling, data analysis and data modeling).
- Liaise with the MCS and MCM teams to stay up-to-date with the current trends and opened work requests related to the models in production and integrate their feedbacks into the modeling pipeline. Provide the R&D team with feedbacks.
All About You
- Experience in AI and ML
- Good communication skills
- Problem solver
- Cooperative / coordinated work skills
- Experience with SQL language
- Good knowledge of Linux / Bash environment
- BS in computer science or a related field
Nice to have:
- Programming Language: Java, Python
- Databases: Oracle, Postgres and Netezza.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Back to top