Studios: Producer, Instagram
Mashable is hiring a video producer to help shape and lead Mashable’s content on Instagram.
The ideal candidate must be a creative editor and shooter, as well as have an impeccable story sense and selection. Interest in culture, technology, gadgets, innovation, science and entertainment is required. In-depth knowledge of After Effects and motion graphics is a plus.
This producer will curate, edit and produce daily content for Instagram posts and Instagram Stories on tight deadlines. They will collaborate with other producers, animators and editorial staff across all teams to create compelling, engaging and shareable videos, and grow Mashable’s reach on the platform.
The job is based in our spaceship-like New York City headquarters with perks that include snacks, high-fives and friendships with famous animals.
- Brainstorm ideas with smart, wonderful people across several teams (tech/culture/biz/entertainment/science/etc)
- Edit, curate, caption and post 3-4 posts on Mashable’s Instagram account
- Curate, shoot or/and assign one daily Instagram Story
- Meet deadlines
- Develop production plans for re-occurring Instagram series
- Make work you're proud to share
- 2+ years experience in online video
- A mastery of Adobe Premiere
- Fluency with Canon DSLRs, C100's and more
- Knowledge of Instagram and other social media platforms is highly recommended
- Affect Effects and motion graphics skills are a plus
- The ability to execute projects from brainstorm to pitch to publication
- Sound ethics, good judgment and journalism chops
- Curiosity about the world (obv).
- A positive attitude that doesn't suck
Mashable is a global, multi-platform media and entertainment company. Powered by its own proprietary technology, Mashable is the go-to source for tech, digital culture and entertainment content for its dedicated and influential audience around the globe.
Back to top