Studios: Freelance Facebook Live Producer
Mashable is seeking a creative and visual Associate Producer with an eye for cultivating engaging live streams. Candidates must be comfortable developing concepts for streams of all shapes and sizes from start to finish. We are looking for people with all the hard and soft skills of production: idea generation, professional communication, shooting, lighting, audio, writing, editing, interviewing, and streaming. If you can help build an audience, and grow a community around our smart, funny, and eclectic live streams, this is the job for you.
The job is based in our spaceship-like New York City headquarters with perks that include snacks, high-fives and friendships with famous animals.
- Produce and execute assigned live streams in our Mashable Studios, or in the field
- Develop production plans for future streams
- Collect elements for live streams including video, images, and graphics
- Brainstorm ideas with smart, wonderful people
- Work closely with talent/subjects/team (both human and otherwise)
- Work smart, work fast, meet deadlines
- Make work you're proud to share
- 1-2 years experience in online video
- Facebook Live, Youtube, Tumblr, or other live streaming experience
- Live television experience a bonus
- The ability to execute projects from brainstorm to pitch to publication
- Video editing skills in Adobe Premiere a plus
- Some After Effects and/or other motion edit skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Sound ethics, good judgment and journalism chops
- Curiosity about the world, and a strong desire to continue learning
- A positive attitude that doesn't suck
Mashable is a global, multi-platform media and entertainment company. Powered by its own proprietary technology, Mashable is the go-to source for tech, digital culture and entertainment content for its dedicated and influential audience around the globe.
Back to top