Studios: Associate Producer, Snapchat
Mashable is hiring an Associate Producer who is a master of After Effects and a solid shooter and editor to join a growing team of creative digital video storytellers.
The ideal candidate is someone who can visualize complex ideas in compelling way, make plain videos more engaging and shareable, and execute simpler animations on tight deadlines.
In-depth knowledge of After Effects and Premiere among other programs in the Adobe Suite is a must. The ideal candidate will also know how to set up and shoot simple video how-tos with attention to detail when it comes to lighting and sound.
This producer will be primarily working on the Snapchat team to create content for Mashable’s daily Snapchat Discover edition. They will also contribute to Facebook and Instagram among other emerging platforms.
Interest in technology, gadgets, science and innovation is a plus.
The job is based in our spaceship-like New York City headquarters with perks that include snacks, high-fives and friendships with famous animals.
- Shoot, edit and animate video stories for Mashable’s Snapchat edition
- Brainstorm video ideas with smart, wonderful people across several teams (tech/culture/biz/entertainment/science/etc)
- Write simple scripts for text-on screen videos
- Meet deadlines
- Develop production plans
- Work closely with talent/subjects/team (both human and otherwise)
- Make work you're proud to share
- 1+ years experience in online video
- A mastery of After Effects and Adobe Premiere
- Fluency with Canon DSLRs, C100's and more
- The ability to execute projects from brainstorm to pitch to publication
- Sound ethics, good judgment and journalism chops
- Curiosity about the world (obv).
- A positive attitude that doesn't suck
Mashable is a global, multi-platform media and entertainment company. Powered by its own proprietary technology, Mashable is the go-to source for tech, digital culture and entertainment content for its dedicated and influential audience around the globe.
Back to top