Studios: Associate Producer, Real Time (Tech)
Mashable is seeking an Associate Video Producer to join a growing team of creative digital video storytellers. The ideal candidate must be an exceptional shooter and a master editor who knows how to make smart, compelling and beautiful videos for the Mashable site as well as social media. Interest in technology, gadgets and innovation is required.
This driven journalist will work with the video and editorial teams to translate complex ideas and topics into scripts and then videos that are engaging, informative and shareable.
Candidates should be able to take stories from pitch to publish, and have experience with all the hard and soft skills of production: idea generation, professional communication, shooting, lighting, audio, writing, editing, interviewing, color correction, and publishing.
The job is based in our spaceship-like New York City headquarters with perks that include snacks, high-fives and friendships with famous animals.
- Brainstorm video ideas with smart, wonderful people across several teams (tech/culture/biz/entertainment/science/etc)
- Shoot on location or in studio
- Interview guests
- Write scripts for text-on screen videos
- Edit and publish
- Meet deadlines
- Develop production plans
- Work closely with talent/subjects/team (both human and otherwise)
- Make work you're proud to share
- 1+ years experience in online video
- Fluency with Canon DSLRs, C100's and more
- A mastery of video editing in Adobe Premiere
- Demonstrated ability in field and studio production
- The ability to execute projects from brainstorm to pitch to publication
- Sound ethics, good judgment and journalism chops
- Curiosity about the world (obv).
- A positive attitude that doesn't suck
Mashable is a global, multi-platform media and entertainment company. Powered by its own proprietary technology, Mashable is the go-to source for tech, digital culture and entertainment content for its dedicated and influential audience around the globe.
Back to top