Studios: Associate Producer, Instagram
Are you obsessed with Instagram, memes, digital culture, technology, and fandom?
Mashable is hiring an associate video producer to help shape Mashable’s content on Instagram.
The ideal candidate must be a creative editor and shooter. Interest in culture, technology, gadgets, innovation, science and entertainment is required. In-depth knowledge of After Effects and motion graphics is a plus.
This associate producer will curate, edit and produce daily content for Instagram posts and Instagram Stories on tight deadlines. They will collaborate with other producers, animators and editorial staff across all teams to create compelling, engaging and shareable videos, and grow Mashable’s reach on the platform.
The job is based in our spaceship-like New York City headquarters with perks that include snacks, high-fives and friendships with famous animals.
- Brainstorm ideas with smart, wonderful people across several teams (tech/culture/biz/entertainment/science/etc.)
- Edit, curate, caption and upload posts on Mashable’s Instagram account
- Curate and/or create daily Instagram stories
- Meet deadlines
- Develop production plans for re-occurring Instagram series
- Make work you're proud to share
- Experience in online video
- A mastery of Adobe Premiere
- Fluency with Canon DSLRs, C100's and more
- Knowledge of Instagram and other social media platforms is highly recommended
- After Effects and motion graphics skills are a plus
- The ability to execute projects from brainstorm to pitch to publication
- Sound ethics, good judgment and journalism chops
- Curiosity about the world (obv.)
- A positive attitude that doesn't suck
Mashable is a media and entertainment company for superfans. Were not for the casually curious. Our proprietary Velocity technology suite gives us the unique ability to combine creativity with data. Our entertainment series and editorial coverage are smart, clever, ambitious, in-depth and first. We devour culture and tech. Our ideas shape the future and we speak to new influencers -- the early adopters who obsess with us around the globe.
Back to top