Studios: Associate Producer, FB Live
Mashable is seeking a creative and visual Associate Producer with an eye for cultivating engaging live streams. The ideal candidate must be a master shooter and a fast editor with a passion for culture, technology, entertainment, innovation and digital video. He or she must be comfortable developing and executing concepts for streams of all shapes and sizes from start to finish – often on tight deadlines.
This driven journalist should be quick on their feet, a problem solver and obsessed with learning new hardware/software system.
We are looking for people with all the hard and soft skills of production: idea generation, professional communication, shooting, lighting, audio, writing, editing, interviewing, and streaming. If you can help build an audience, and grow a community around our smart, funny, and eclectic live streams, this is the job for you.
The job is based in our Los Angeles office with perks that include snacks, high-fives and friendships with famous animals.
- Produce and execute assigned live streams in our Mashable Studios, or in the field
- Develop production plans for future streams
- Collect elements for live streams including video, images, and graphics
- Edit live footage for other platforms
- Brainstorm ideas with smart, wonderful people
- Work closely with talent/subjects/team (both human and otherwise)
- Work smart, work fast, meet deadlines
- Make work you're proud to share
- 1-2 years experience in online video
- Fluency with Canon DSLRs, C100's and more
- Mastery of Adobe Premiere
- Facebook Live, Youtube, Tumblr, or other live streaming experience
- Live television experience a bonus
- The ability to execute projects from brainstorm to pitch to publication
- After Effects and/or other motion edit skills is a plus
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Sound ethics, good judgment and journalism chops
- Curiosity about the world, and a strong desire to continue learning
- A positive attitude that doesn't suck
Mashable is a global, multi-platform media and entertainment company. Powered by its own proprietary technology, Mashable is the go-to source for tech, digital culture and entertainment content for its dedicated and influential audience around the globe.
Back to top