Studios: Associate Producer
Mashable is seeking an Associate Video Producer to join a growing team of creative digital video storytellers. Candidate must have a proven record of taking stories from pitch to publish, and experience with all the hard and soft skills of production: idea generation, professional communication, shooting, lighting, audio, writing, editing, interviewing, color correction, and publishing. We often attack projects as a team, so even if you have a specialty, it's important that you're comfortable with all the disciplines. Basically we are looking for a jack of all trades but a master of one. What's yours?
The job is based in our Culver City headquarters with perks that include snacks, high-fives and friendships with famous animals.
- Brainstorm video ideas with smart, wonderful people across several teams (news/tech/biz/science/travel/lifestyle/entertainment/etc)
- Develop production plans
- Work closely with talent/subjects/team (both human and otherwise)
- Shoot on location or in studio
- Edit and publish
- Meet deadlines
- Make work you're proud to share
- 1+ years experience in online video
- The ability to execute projects from brainstorm to pitch to publication
- Fluency with Canon DSLRs, C100's and more
- Accomplished at video editing in Adobe Premiere
- Demonstrated ability in field and studio production
- Sound ethics, good judgment and journalism chops
- Curiosity about the world (obv).
- A positive attitude that doesn't suck
Mashable is a global, multi-platform media and entertainment company. Powered by its own proprietary technology, Mashable is the go-to source for tech, digital culture and entertainment content for its dedicated and influential audience around the globe.
Back to top