Strategy: Manager, Business Development & Partnerships
Mashable, a global, multi-platform media and entertainment company, is looking for a Manager of Business Development & Partnerships, based in our Los Angeles office. This role will focus on accelerating the growth of Mashable’s video business by developing partnerships with content creators, distribution platforms and talent.
This role will be a part of the business development team at Mashable and be responsible for identifying, executing and supporting strategic partnerships across all Mashable video programming. Reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer, the manager will also work closely with the Mashable Studios team to develop and assess opportunities.
- Identify new distribution and licensing opportunities for Mashable video content, for both library and new original programming.
- Act as the main quarterback for partnerships with digital video distribution partners and TV networks.
- Work with Mashable Studios team to negotiate deals with talent for original programming and branded entertainment.
- Through relationships in the entertainment industry and working with the Mashable Studios team, acquire content for use on Mashable platforms or distribution partners.
- Develop compelling business cases and financial models for new opportunities to present to senior leadership at Mashable.
- Negotiate deal points and work closely with Business Affairs to execute deals, including licensing agreements, option agreements and talent agreements.
- 5+ years of professional experience in the entertainment industry, with a focus on digital media.
- 2-3 years of experience in a business development role, with a proven track record of identifying, negotiating and closing partnerships.
- Experience negotiating deal terms and legal contracts, particularly involving talent and intellectual property rights.
- Deep interest and understanding of the shifting distribution landscape and a desire to forge new business models.
- Strong analytical skills and experience presenting ideas to senior management.
Mashable is a global, multi-platform media and entertainment company. Powered by its own proprietary technology, Mashable is the go-to source for tech, digital culture and entertainment content for its dedicated and influential audience around the globe.
Back to top