Sales: Digital Sales Associate
Mashable has an exciting opening on our Yield Team. We are seeking a smart, self-motivated and resourceful individual looking to advance their career and be part of an innovative and dynamic media organization.
The Day to Day
- Develop, along with Sales Planners, comprehensive media plans based on a strong understanding of inventory availability, Mashable ad products and internal pricing guidelines using Excel and our inventory management system (Fivia)
- Coordinate with other key departments including AdOps, Editorial and Product to confirm availability and feasibility of media plan elements
- Enter, manage and approve media plans within Adfront (internal sales management system).
- Manage sales requests for digital ad inventory
- Maintain inventory models and related reporting to ensure maximization of revenue and increase sell-through rates
- As needed, work interdepartmentally to get updates and information from product, analytics, tech and finance
- Help coordinate moving pieces throughout the sales process; from RFP phase to IO generation to campaign execution (and everything in between)
- Gather data from multiple online platforms to provide comprehensive monthly and quarterly reporting
- Candidate should have a minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience working in media on the content or agency side in a strategic/quantitative/analytical role, candidates without prior media experience may be considered with the right background
- Strong proficiency working with and manipulating Excel docs
- Must have solid analytical skills to build reports and identify trends for the benefit of Finance, Sales and senior management
- Exceptional organizational, analytical and creative problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills and be comfortable working in a fast-paced sales environment
- Self-starter who is not afraid to take initiative
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university
Mashable is a global, multi-platform media and entertainment company. Powered by its own proprietary technology, Mashable is the go-to source for tech, digital culture and entertainment content for its dedicated and influential audience around the globe.
Back to top