Operations: Financial Controller
Mashable is seeking a Financial Controller to oversee and manage the day-day workflow of the accounting department, maintain accounting principles, internal controls and reporting. The ideal candidate has experience leading global financial accounting, cashflow, audit and tax process. The role reports directly to the CFO/COO.
The Day to Day
- Manage the accounting team responsible for the general ledger
- Prepare internal financial statements and conduct various financial analysis
- Perform general ledger management - chart of accounts, account reconciliations, etc.
- Ensure full accounting cycle - cash, credit card merchant, A/P and A/R accounts are reconciled
- Manage the monthly close process as well as accrual journal entries required for the timely processing of monthly, quarterly and year-end close
- Perform financial forecasting – expense and cash
- Provide technical accounting US GAAP guidance, external reporting and support to the company, including cut-off analysis for revenue and expenses.
- Approve semi-monthly payroll, working with payroll provider to insure tax payments
- Manage local currency general ledgers, consolidation and local compliance reporting. Offices in UK, Australia, Singapore, India and France.
- Comply with local, state and federal reporting requires as well as tax filing
- Coordinate and lead external financial audits
- Bachelor degree in Accounting
- CPA Certified preferred but not required
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience as a Controller;
- Media company experience required.
- Experience tying together accounting, ad and sales software systems together.
- Experience processing payroll
- A solid and working knowledge of financial statements, financial analysis and general ledger computer systems
- Strong analytical and auditing skills with the ability to research and reconcile cash, credit card merchant, A/P and A/R accounts
- Proven ability to aggregate large amounts of financial data and craft succinct reports for executive review
- Familiarity with compliance and experience with state/federal regulatory agencies
- The ability to engage in reasoned dialogue on all issues, be flexible, and affect change
- Strong understanding of federal, state and local tax compliances.
- Have completed several audit cycles.
- Strong client focus with outstanding judgment, critical thinking, excellent verbal and written skills
- Positive approach and pro-active working style
- High level of drive to inspire and lead others to meet deadlines and targeted results
Mashable is a global, multi-platform media and entertainment company. We are the go-to source for tech, digital culture and entertainment content for our dedicated and influential audience across all platforms.
Back to top