Marketing: Director of Marketing
Mashable is seeking a Director of Marketing to join our rapidly growing team. We are in search of a proven, execution-oriented digital marketing professional to oversee the company’s brand, marketing strategy and consumer marketing efforts.
This position is responsible for cultivating and maintaining our corporate brand voice, while working closely with our Communications and Experiential teams to make sure we are consistently represented at relevant industry events and in market.
This team will build and update all brand collateral to support our sales efforts and tentpole events. The Director of Marketing will provide creative direction for all brand materials and assets globally and approve all internal and external communication before execution.
This position is based in our New York headquarters and reports directly to the CMO.
The Day to Day
- In conjunction with internal marketing counterparts and senior executives, develop, manage and track a well-integrated and multi-platform marketing strategy for the Mashable brand to continue to grow its global presence and audience.
- Collaborate with Director of Communications and senior executives to develop a consistent voice and message across all divisions and regions of the company.
- Facilitate and manage media and brand partnerships with industry organizations and strategic consumer events in order to drive larger awareness of the Mashable brand both domestically and internationally.
- Work closely with Mashable creatives to design the look and feel of the Mashable brand across all materials, both digital and physical, including but not limited to sales collateral, corporate website and brand kit.
- Collaborate with sales and business development to ensure all external branding of Mashable is consistent with partners.
- Partner with Director of Communications on all announcements and product and partnership releases.
- Partner with Director of Experiential on all Mashable branded and sponsored events.
- Understand the Mashable audience and various stakeholders including but not limited to our board of directors, investors and business partners.
- Have superior networking abilities to make sure Mashable always has a seat at the right tables.
- Understand broader industry trends and work with the CMO and the Leadership team to help identify and prioritize audience and stakeholder needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related field
- Minimum 6 years of marketing experience preferably in digital media or tech
- Proven track record as player/coach - both providing thought leadership and insights while supporting corporate strategic objectives and rolling up your sleeves
- Thorough understanding of brand and consumer marketing.
- The ability to own and drive project schedules from start to finish, including managing peers and individuals senior to you.
- Excellent relationship management skills and the ability to build a community of advocates
- Excellent presentation, written and communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of the media landscape
- Independent and self-motivated
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Knowledge or relevant marketing tools and platforms
- Understanding of design and aesthetics
- Ability to be flexible with work hours in a fast paced environment
- Comfortable working with senior level leaders and executives on a regular basis
Mashable is a global, multi-platform media and entertainment company. Powered by its own proprietary technology, Mashable is the go-to source for tech, digital culture and entertainment content for its dedicated and influential audience around the globe.
Back to top