Internship - Web Culture Intern - Winter/Spring 2017
*This is an internship that starts the first Monday in January and ends the Friday before Memorial Day*
Mashable is seeking an Internet-obsessed web culture intern. This person lives online and understands the building blocks of shareable content. They are tuned in to pop culture and web culture and recognize how to bring the two together. The ideal candidate can craft web-friendly content from images, video or even a potato. Mashable's Watercooler channel covers web culture, memes, viral videos and the hybrid of entertainment and Internet. We’re looking for someone willing to explore all corners of the Internet to find the next big thing.
Responsibilities include research, content hunting, GIF making and writing.
much writing. so fun. many free snacks.
- Minimum availability of 18 hours a week
- Based in London
- Strong familiarity with WordPress (HTML)
- Strong fact checking skills
- Strong grasp of grammar and AP Style
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized
- Hard worker who’s driven and has a fantastic attitude
- In-depth knowledge of web culture
- Ability and willingness to think differently
- Knowledge of the digital space and Mashable's core coverage areas
*Mashable Internships are paid*
Mashable is a global, multi-platform media and entertainment company. Powered by its own proprietary technology, Mashable is the go-to source for tech, digital culture and entertainment content for its dedicated and influential audience around the globe.
Back to top