Internship - Web Culture Intern - Winter/Spring 2017
*This is an internship that starts the first Monday in January and ends the Friday before Memorial Day*
Mashable is seeking an Internet-obsessed web culture intern.
This person lives online and finds joy in exploring the deepest, weirdest corners of the internet. They also probably like videos of cats riding vacuums and Game of Thrones fan theories. They are tuned into pop culture and web culture and recognize how to bring the two together. The ideal candidate possesses a strong voice and can craft web-friendly content from images, videos or even a potato.
Mashable's Watercooler channel covers web culture, humor, viral videos, lesser heard voices of the web and the hybrid of entertainment and internet. We’re looking for someone willing to explore and engage with the internet.
Responsibilities include research, content hunting, GIF making and writing.
Much writing. So fun. Many free snacks.
- Minimum availability of 18 hours a week
- Based in NYC
- Strong familiarity with WordPress (HTML)
- Strong fact checking skills
- Strong grasp of grammar and AP Style
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized
- Hard worker who’s driven and has a fantastic attitude
- In-depth knowledge of web culture
- Ability and willingness to think differently
- Knowledge of the digital space and Mashable's core coverage areas
*Mashable Internships are paid*
Mashable is a global, multi-platform media and entertainment company. Powered by its own proprietary technology, Mashable is the go-to source for tech, digital culture and entertainment content for its dedicated and influential audience around the globe.
Back to top