Internship: Web Culture Intern
Mashable is seeking ambitious, motivated and web culture savvy undergraduates (juniors and seniors) or graduate-level interns for Fall 2017. Mashable's Watercooler channel covers web culture, memes, viral videos and cats (lots and lots of cats).
As the Web Culture intern you'll have the opportunity to work with and learn from Mashable editors in Mashable's New York City Headquarters. Responsibilities include research, content hunting, copy editing and writing.
- Minimum availability of 18 hours a week
- Based in NYC
- Strong familiarity with WordPress (HTML)
- Strong fact checking skills
- Strong grasp of grammar and AP Style
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized
- Hard worker who’s driven and has a fantastic attitude
- In-depth knowledge of web culture
- Ability and willingness to think differently
- Knowledge of the digital space and Mashable's core coverage areas
*Mashable Internships are paid and the duration of this term is 9/5/17-12/22/17.*
Please also include answers for the following questionnaire with your application:
On a scale of 1-10, how organized are you?
On a scale of 1-10 how versed are you in web culture?
What are you watching on TV right now?
What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever done?
Kylie Jenner is coming to the office. Pitch a story idea based on her visit.
What online communities do you spend the most time in?
What other skills do you possess that would be helpful to this position?
Pitch three original culture stories that fit the Mashable voice.
Mashable is a media and entertainment company for superfans. Were not for the casually curious. Our proprietary Velocity technology suite gives us the unique ability to combine creativity with data. Our entertainment series and editorial coverage are smart, clever, ambitious, in-depth and first. We devour culture and tech. Our ideas shape the future and we speak to new influencers -- the early adopters who obsess with us around the globe.
Back to top