Internship: UK Web Culture Intern
*This is an internship that starts 9/5/2017 and ends 12/22/2017*
Mashable is seeking a web culture intern to join its UK team working from the company’s headquarters in London. This person lives online and understands the building blocks of shareable content. They are tuned into pop culture and web culture and recognize how to bring the two together. The ideal candidate can craft web-friendly content from images, video or even a potato. Mashable's Watercooler channel covers web culture, memes, viral videos and the hybrid of entertainment and the Internet. We’re looking for someone willing to explore all corners of the Internet to find the next big thing.
Responsibilities include research, content hunting, GIF making and writing and working with a hugely creative team in one of the most exciting parts of London.
- Minimum availability of 18 hours a week
- Based in London
- Strong fact checking skills
- Strong grasp of grammar and AP Style
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized
- Hard worker who’s driven and has a fantastic attitude
- In-depth knowledge of web culture
- Ability and willingness to think differently
- Knowledge of the digital space and Mashable's core coverage areas
- Knowledge of internet subcultures, especially in the UK
- Some Photoshop knowledge would be an advantage
*Mashable Internships are paid*
Mashable is a media and entertainment company for superfans. Were not for the casually curious. Our proprietary Velocity technology suite gives us the unique ability to combine creativity with data. Our entertainment series and editorial coverage are smart, clever, ambitious, in-depth and first. We devour culture and tech. Our ideas shape the future and we speak to new influencers -- the early adopters who obsess with us around the globe.
Back to top