Internship: UK Video Intern
Mashable UK is seeking a video intern to join a growing team of storytellers developing and producing content at the forefront of digital distribution platforms. This internship offers students and recent graduates the opportunity to gain invaluable, hands-on experience.
The role involves pitching video ideas and being able to tell a compelling visual story in 150 words or less. It requires editing videos across a range of subjects, including technology, digital culture, social good and science. Those videos will also be re-edited and adapted for multiple platforms, from Facebook to Snapchat to YouTube, in addition to the Mashable website. Video interns should be ready to get out in the field, too.
The ideal candidate is a capable shooter and a fast editor with a passion for storytelling. He or she is a news buff who always knows what's going on in the world, and is ahead of the curve on social media trends.
Candidates should know how to edit on Adobe Premiere and how to use Adobe After Effects and Photoshop, various types of audio and digital video equipment including Canon and Sony cameras, and how to shoot awesome video with their iPhone.
Here are some of our recent videos to give you a feel for the type of content you'd be creating:
You can draw electrical wires with this cheap conductive paint
This giant kinetic sculpture is actually a shape-shifting human face
Turn your summer up to 11 with these beach-proof gadgets
A successful intern should have a genuine and passionate interest in developing knowledge and skills around the growing social platform-based video industry. An enthusiasm for understanding new consumption patterns and distribution methods, alongside an active curiosity for discovering what makes new platforms unique, is required.
The job is based in one of the most exciting parts of London where you will work with the brilliant, talented team there.
The duration of this internship is 9/5/17-12/22/2017 and our internships are paid.
- Brainstorm platform content ideas with smart, wonderful people across several teams (news/tech/biz/science/travel/lifestyle/etc)
- Work with producers and associate producers to assist with production plans
- Shoot and edit videos for the site and social platforms like Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube
- Competency in using data and analytics
- Provide insight into engagement and performance
- Meet deadlines
- Create daily content that you are proud to share
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere and camera equipment (Canon, Sony)
- Knowledge of After Effects is a plus
- Experience with social media in a professional or institutional capacity preferred
- Sound editorial judgement including deep knowledge of media ethics
- Curiosity about the world (obv)
- A positive attitude that’s solution-oriented and unafraid to ask questions
Mashable is a media and entertainment company for superfans. Were not for the casually curious. Our proprietary Velocity technology suite gives us the unique ability to combine creativity with data. Our entertainment series and editorial coverage are smart, clever, ambitious, in-depth and first. We devour culture and tech. Our ideas shape the future and we speak to new influencers -- the early adopters who obsess with us around the globe.
Back to top