Internship - Lifestyle Intern - Winter/Spring 2017
*This is an internship that starts the first Monday in January and ends the Friday before Memorial Day*
Mashable is seeking an internet-obsessed intern with an eye for lifestyle trends.
This person can write about anything from beauty trends to web-connected sex toys and everything in between. They don’t shy away from scrolling through 1,000 Instagram photos to find the next big thing. The ideal candidate possesses a strong voice that is both engaging and responsible, and can craft web-friendly content from images, video or even a hairball.
The Lifestyle content on Mashable’s Watercooler channel covers beauty, fashion, sex, relationships and web culture.
Candidates should be familiar with Mashable's coverage, especially with its Lifestyle channel, and have demonstrated reporting experience. An active and fluent social media presence is a huge plus.
The Day to Day
- Pitching and writing lifestyle stories in realms like food, fitness, relationships, culture, beauty, DIY, etc.
- The intern will be responsible for reporting both "light-lift" news and evergreen, utility features.
- Curating photos for the above mentioned topic areas.
- Research assistance
- Photo/video shoot assistance
- MUST be full of creative ideas Mashable has never seen before
- Solid news writing skills
- Internet savvy and active on social media
- Familiarity with HTML and WordPress strongly preferred
- Must be a self-starter
*Mashable Internships are Paid*
Mashable is a global, multi-platform media and entertainment company. Powered by its own proprietary technology, Mashable is the go-to source for tech, digital culture and entertainment content for its dedicated and influential audience around the globe.
Back to top