Internship - Humor Intern - Winter/Spring 2017
*This is an internship that starts the first Monday in January and ends the Friday before Memorial Day*
Mashable is seeking an Internet-obsessed humor intern.
This person lives online and can make people chuckle behind their computer screens. They are tuned into pop culture and web culture and recognize how to bring the two together in an entertaining way. The ideal candidate can craft original, web-friendly content from images, video or even Danny DeVito.
Mashable's Watercooler channel covers web culture, humor, viral videos, lesser heard voices of the web and the hybrid of entertainment and internet.
We’re looking for someone willing to use their comedy skills to create original content.
Responsibilities include research, content hunting, GIF making, script writing and writing writing.
Much writing. Many fun. So free snacks.
- Minimum availability of 18 hours a week
- Based in NYC
- Strong familiarity with WordPress (HTML)
- Strong fact checking skills
- Strong grasp of grammar and AP Style
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience writing comedic scripts.
- Hard worker who’s driven and has a fantastic attitude
- In-depth knowledge of web culture
- Ability and willingness to think differently
- Knowledge of the digital space and Mashable's core coverage areas
*Mashable Internships are Paid*
Mashable is a global, multi-platform media and entertainment company. Powered by its own proprietary technology, Mashable is the go-to source for tech, digital culture and entertainment content for its dedicated and influential audience around the globe.
Back to top