Editorial: Weekend Assistant Editor
Mashable is seeking a talented and experienced NY-based Assistant Editor to work weekends, Saturday and Sunday, 9-7, along with potential part-time shifts during the week, based on availability. The Assistant Editor will be responsible for copy editing, line editing, fact-checking and publishing stories across a wide range of subjects (tech, entertainment, business, and science), as well as writing/scheduling social promos for stories and helping to manage the editorial flow of stories as they come in. The role also includes reviewing and publishing partner content.
The Assistant Editor will collaborate with reporters and other editors across all of Mashable's newsrooms—in New York, San Francisco, L.A., London, Singapore, and Australia.
- Based in the New York area
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Previous professional editorial experience
- Strong grasp of grammar and voice, and ability to switch between news-writing and conversational writing tones
- Availability to work weekend shifts
- Strong news judgment and creative ideas for story packaging
- Familiarity with CMS/publishing tools and social platforms like Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Dedicated and deadline driven
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
Mashable is a media and entertainment company for superfans. We're not for the casually curious. Our proprietary Velocity technology suite gives us the unique ability to combine creativity with data. Our entertainment series and editorial coverage are smart, clever, ambitious, in-depth and first. We devour culture and tech. Our ideas shape the future and we speak to new influencers -- the early adopters who obsess with us around the globe. We deliver nearly 2 billion content views a month, with more than 70 million monthly unique visitors across platforms.
Back to top