Editorial: Tech Correspondent
Mashable is looking for an experienced reporter to cover technology news. The successful candidate will have at least two years experience covering tech, ideally with an emphasis on consumer products and services.
A typical day for you involves reading the latest tech news and the discussion around it. You live for new products and features, are an expert at translating PR doublespeak, and have strong opinions on who the best tech CEO is. You're fascinated by Snapchat and are active (possibly too active) on social networks.
You know a tech story when you see it, you're skilled at breaking down the news for regular people, and you know when further analysis is called for. You know the difference between historic and historical. You have lots of experience writing for a general audience and can write clean, compelling copy very quickly. And you're based in the Bay Area.
- Writing multiple stories a day on multiple topics
- Cover breaking and trending tech news
- Crafting visual stories for a Snapchat audience
- Coordinating with team members, editors, writers and illustrators on your stories
- Attend industry events and briefings
- Grow a network of contacts and sources in tech
- Stay engaged on social media networks
- Other duties as determined by the Tech Editor
- Minimum 2 years experience covering technology for a media company
- Proven self-starter
- Good sense of visual storytelling
- Ability to turn over clean, well-written copy on extremely tight deadlines
- Willingness to experiment with diverse storytelling tools, including but not limited to, Vine, Instagram, Periscope and Snapchat
- Experience working for a website
- Team player
- Active social media presence
Mashable is a global, multi-platform media and entertainment company. We are the go-to source for tech, digital culture and entertainment content for our dedicated and influential audience across all platforms.
Back to top