Editorial: Social Media Producer
Mashable is seeking a talented social media producer to join our growth and audience team. Successful candidates will be self-starters, passionate about the Mashable brand and building an audience for our great content. Candidates must have 2 years of successful audience development experience for a news media organization.
This social media producer will be responsible for growing and maintaining Mashable’s sizable tech and esports audience, on a variety of social platforms. The producer will collaborate with our tech and esports editorial teams to grow our audience across those verticals.The ideal candidate will have a deep knowledge of Facebook, Twitter and audience development and have plans for how to leverage them for growing and engaging Mashable's readership as well as optimising content for a variety of social media platforms.
The social producer should also be a versatile team player who is able to occasionally help with posting to several other Mashable channel pages on Facebook and Twitter.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from a four-year, accredited college or university, preferably with a degree in journalism
- 2 years of social media management and community engagement experience for a news organization
- Strong familiarity with Mashable and the ability to pinpoint its tone, voice and topics
- Expert-level knowledge of Facebook and other major platforms and how the ecosystem works
- Familiarity with social media management and reporting tools such as Facebook Insights and Omniture (or similar products)
- Strong writing, communication and organization skills
- Strict attention to detail
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to learn new skills quickly and apply them successfully online
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to proactively pitch and manage projects
- Team player
Mashable is a global, multi-platform media and entertainment company. Powered by its own proprietary technology, Mashable is the go-to source for tech, digital culture and entertainment content for its dedicated and influential audience around the globe.
Back to top