Editorial: Sex, Relationships & Lifestyle Trends Reporter
Mashable is seeking a creative storyteller with an expertise in sex and relationships and an obsession with the Internet.
Love writing? Duh. Spend all day on the Internet? Awesome. Comfortable talking about sex, relationships, online dating and cute animals on occasion? Excellent.
This person lives online and understands the building blocks of shareable content. They are tuned in to lifestyle trends and web culture and recognize how to bring the two together. The ideal candidate can identify trends before they hit the mainstream (or their mom’s Facebook feed).
We’re looking for someone willing to explore all corners of the Internet to find the next big thing.
Our kitchen also includes snacks and two types of seltzer. Benefits also include friendships with famous animals.
The Day to Day
- Work with the Viral Content Editor to report on the intersection of sex and the Internet
- Generate ideas for original content
- Develop shareable visuals
- Curate viral stories and images
- Write 3-6 stories/day
- Pitch new forms of visual storytelling
- Capable of producing multiple stories in a day
- Field freelance pitches on sex and relationships
- Occasionally work off-hours to cover events
- 2 or more years writing and editing experience at an online media organization
- Extensive knowledge of social platforms (Reddit, Tumblr, Twitter)
- Familiarity with Photoshop
- Proven ability to write fast on deadline
- Possess a creative writing voice that translates to web-speak
- Established web presence across social platforms
- Ability to work with a group on idea generation and visual projects
Mashable is a global, multi-platform media and entertainment company. Powered by its own proprietary technology, Mashable is the go-to source for tech, digital culture and entertainment content for its dedicated and influential audience around the globe
Back to top