Editorial: Esports Reporter
Mashable is seeking a passionate, talented reporter to broaden our coverage of esports. The ideal candidate is an expert in games like League of Legends, Dota 2, CS:GO and Street Fighter V. We’re looking for a reporter who can comfortably navigate those worlds, but also craft stories that illustrate the human drama of competitive gaming, making it accessible to a wider audience. We’re interested in covering the growing culture and business surrounding esports as much as the in-game action. Candidates who have covered sports but not esports specifically also would be considered as long as they have a passion and depth of knowledge about gaming.
This job is located either in Mashable’s New York headquarters, or our Los Angeles or San Francisco bureaus. It will require travel.
- 2-3 years experience writing for an online news publication
- An omnivorous appetite for competitive gaming
- An ability to write on deadline and juggle multiple tasks, and multiple types of story styles
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams, and communicate with peers and editors, some of whom are in other offices.
- Understanding of esports’ major social platforms: Reddit, Twitch, Twitter
- Interest in creating content that can be adapted to other social platforms
- Video experience is a plus, whether you’ve appeared on camera or streamed your own games.
Mashable is a global, multi-platform media and entertainment company. Powered by its own proprietary technology, Mashable is the go-to source for tech, digital culture and entertainment content for its dedicated and influential audience around the globe.
Back to top