Content: Executive Producer, Branded Content
Mashable is looking for an Executive Producer to join the Mashable Brand X team. This Branded Content team creates multi-media storytelling that helps our client partners engage with Mashable Superfans both onsite and on distributed platforms. Mashable works with some of the top brands in the world to develop creative custom content campaigns, including: Hilton Doubletree, Capital One, Wheat Thins, Pepsi, Ford, Samsung, and Kia. This role will be one of the most senior roles on the team guiding the day-to-day workflow and processes of pre-sale and post-sales production.
The Executive Producer will be key to effective collaboration with internal Mashable teams: Sales, IM, Product, Audience Development, Edit, Studios and Art. He/she should be very well-versed in Branded Content best practices. Our work covers the US markets: NY, LA, Chicago, etc. as well as London, Australia, Singapore and India.
- Work hand-in-hand with the VP, Branded Content to guide quality content dev.
- Collaborate with community team to optimize performance and drive distribution and content consumption across all Mashable channels
- Serve as the primary liaison for Branded Content with other Mashable teams to develop, productize and roll out branded content opportunities
- Spearhead fresh, innovative formats and creative opportunities for integrated marketing collateral materials
- Top edit copy as well as final review on video
- Manage large-scale projects that span across many Mashable teams, such as e-commerce
- Run daily Team Standup
- Work closely with AM Lead to understand ROI of efforts; report on content results and performance in a manner that is relevant, meaningful, actionable and understandable (using Omniture, Peek, Google Analytics, etc)
- Collaborate with community team to optimize performance and drive distribution and content consumption across channels
- Collaborate with the Experiential Team to weave into BC programs
- Stay on top of industry trends, including branded campaigns through other publishers and communicate them to the Team
- Help promote Branded Content literacy with the Sales Team; attend client meetings and pitches as needed
- 5+ years editorial, branded content, and creative and/or media agency experience
- Proactive problem-solver
- Experience working with brands and creating branded programs, especially multimedia and creative technology initiatives
- Experience managing teams in a client-facing role
- A creative yet pragmatic approach to all work
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment with quick deadlines
- Hard worker with the commitment to perform tasks on deadline
- Attention to detail and a high level of organizational skills
- Strong familiarity with WordPress (HTML) and social media tools like Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Tumblr, LinkedIn, etc.
- Vast knowledge of tech, culture, entertainment, business and social media trends and ability to write across them
Mashable is a media and entertainment company for superfans. We're not for the casually curious. Our proprietary Velocity technology suite gives us the unique ability to combine creativity with data. Our entertainment series and editorial coverage are smart, clever, ambitious, in-depth and first. We devour culture and tech. Our ideas shape the future and we speak to new influencers -- the early adopters who obsess with us around the globe. We deliver nearly 2 billion content views a month, with more than 70 million monthly unique visitors across platforms.
Back to top