Content: Commerce Editor
Mashable is looking for a Commerce Editor to build and lead a new group within the organization that finds the best deals and products across technology, entertainment and culture, and uses cross-platform storytelling to share them with our audience.
The ideal candidate will be a leader who has built and run a commerce operation for a digital media brand. The editor should have a passion for culture, entertainment and technology, be conversational writer who is confident and careful when reviewing products, and have the ability to describe the pros and cons of any given item with conviction. They will also have experience recruiting and managing a team of staff writers and freelancers, as well as directing social video producers, which will be critical as Mashable scales its commerce business.
Commerce content includes everything from incredible deals on must-have products to new and interesting items that just hit the market. You will use data, guidance from Mashable leadership, the Mashable editorial calendar, relationships with Mashable business partners and your own intuition to determine the products to feature in Mashable’s commerce content.
Mashable will generate revenue from your content when our audience on site and across our social platforms purchases the products that are featured.
- Create content that makes product recommendations, identifies compelling deals, and drives consumer interest, following the Mashable voice and style-guide
- Assign commerce content to a team of staff writers and freelancers for publication on Mashable and its social accounts
- Research technology products, accessories, online courses, pop culture novelty items, entertainment merchandise and other things that are worth our audiences time and money
- Track KPIs for commerce content to report to leadership, make informed programming decisions and shape commerce strategy
- Work with the Mashable audience development team to ensure promotion for commerce content
- At least 3-4 years of professional writing experience and a desire to find the best deals and products around the web
- Experience building and/or running a commerce operation for a digital media brand
- Experience managing content teams and collaborating with senior management
- A firm grasp on the business side of media and a passion for driving performance
- Proficiency in Web Analytics
- Flawless grammar, spelling, and usage
- Basic level understanding of Photoshop and working in Content Management Systems
Mashable is a media and entertainment company for superfans. Were not for the casually curious. Our proprietary Velocity technology suite gives us the unique ability to combine creativity with data. Our entertainment series and editorial coverage are smart, clever, ambitious, in-depth and first. We devour culture and tech. Our ideas shape the future and we speak to new influencers -- the early adopters who obsess with us around the globe.
Back to top