Audience & Growth: Social Video Coordinator
Mashable is seeking an entry-level social video coordinator to join our growth team. We're looking for someone who is highly organized, excited about the future of video on distributed platforms, and eager to get their start in the digital publishing world. You should be a self-starter with a strong interest in culture, entertainment and technology.
The Day to Day
- Coordinate the publishing and optimization of video across distributed video channels (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and whatever comes next!)
- Organize and mine our archive to resurface videos on distributed platforms.
- Work with the analytics team to use to data to drive our optimization strategy and efforts
- Help optimize videos for each platform.
- Liaise between the growth, emerging platforms, and studios team.
- Assist the growth teams on other projects as needed.
- Undergraduate degree in journalism or communications preferred.
- A love of social media and the future of distributed video.
- A knowledge of video analytics and analytic platforms to inform posting strategy.
- Previous work experience in a production coordinator or similar role highly recommended.
- Strong multi-tasking and attention to detail
- Ability to change direction and operate in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and an understanding of how and when to be proactive
- Sense of humor, positive attitude, and passion
Mashable is a global, multi-platform media and entertainment company. Powered by its own proprietary technology, Mashable is the go-to source for tech, digital culture and entertainment content for its dedicated and influential audience around the globe.
Back to top