Audience & Growth: Social Media Producer
Mashable is seeking a talented social media producer to join our growth team. Successful candidates will be self-starters, passionate about the Mashable brand and building an audience for our great content. Candidates must have 2 years of successful audience development / social media experience for a news media organization.
The Social Media Producer will be responsible for growing and maintaining Mashable’s sizable social media audience on a variety of platforms. This position will collaborate with our UK editorial team as well as the growth and audience team to develop an actionable strategy for top performing content.
The ideal candidate will have a deep knowledge of Facebook, Twitter and audience development as well as strong and creative copywriting skills. Key to this role, is feeding into and executing the packaging and optimisation of content for a variety of social media platforms as well as identifying trends and areas of growth. The social producer should also be a versatile team player, who is able to help maintain several other Mashable channel pages, ensuring top level performance.
The social media producer will expand Mashable's social reach by identifying data-driven ways to build our social audience and traffic. The ideal candidate will also have a wide and deep knowledge of general news subjects as well as be able to keep across trending topics to identify top Mashable news stories first.
*This is a full-time position based in Mashable's London headquarters. This position reports to the New York based Director of Growth.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year, accredited college or university, preferably
- with a degree in journalism
- 2 years of social media management and community engagement experience for
- a news organization
- Strong familiarity with Mashable and the ability to pinpoint the tone, voice and
- topics for multiple channels
- Expert-level knowledge of Facebook and other major platforms and how the
- ecosystem works
- Familiarity with social media management and reporting tools such as Facebook Insights and Omniture or similar data analysis tools
- Strong writing, communication and organization skills
- Strict attention to detail
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to learn new skills quickly and apply them successfully online
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment independently
- Ability to proactively pitch and manage projects
- Team player
Mashable is a global, multi-platform media and entertainment company. Powered by its own proprietary technology, Mashable is the go-to source for tech, digital culture and entertainment content for its dedicated and influential audience around the globe.
Back to top