Audience & Growth: SEO Manager
Mashable is seeking an experienced SEO manager to join our growth team and take our SEO game to the next level. We're looking for someone who can plan and execute SEO projects both large and small for Mashable. We want a self-starter who is passionate about SEO, growth and the digital publishing world. A strong interest in culture, entertainment and tech is a must.
The Day to Day
- Be an evangelizer of SEO best practices to the larger editorial team.
- Work closely with the editorial teams and producers to ensure as much content as possible is search engine optimized before publication.
- Assist in tracking and planning of trends and keywords to drive editorial publishing and strategy.
- Perform keyword and trend research to identify content gaps to target.
- Perform technical analysis, monitor, and report on webmaster tool errors, sitemaps, and crawl issues.
- Develop and conduct training sessions and materials for the editorial staff to evangelize SEO best practices.
- 3-4 years experience working in SEO optimization, preferably for a digital publisher
- A deep understanding of how SEO and growth should inform content creation and optimization.
- Experience working with sitemaps, robots.txt, webmaster tools, Ad Words, SEO tools (Conductor, Brightedge, Ahrefs, DeepCrawl, SEMrush) and analytics tools (Omniture, Google Analytics) required.
- Excellence with Excel
- Strong multi-tasking and attention to detail
- Ability to change direction and operate in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and an understanding of how and when to be proactive
- Sense of humor, positive attitude, and passion for SEO
Mashable is a global, multi-platform media and entertainment company. Powered by its own proprietary technology, Mashable is the go-to source for tech, digital culture and entertainment content for its dedicated and influential audience around the globe
Back to top