Please note this is a pipeline requisition so responses to your submission may be delayed.
The Territory Sales Manager (TSM) role is an entry point into our Mars Retail Service organization. The position is responsible for achieving sales objectives assigned by Wrigley and Mars Chocolate North America within the Walmart channel in a defined geographic territory. TSMs determine how to meet those sales objectives by assessing the opportunities in their territories and stores. TSM's execute company strategies and priorities at the retail level in order to drive channel and customer GSV. This position is field based and reports directly to a Regional Market Manager.
TSMs are the public face of Mars Wrigley Confectionery to the most important decision-makers regarding the purchase of Mars Wrigley Confectionery products, typically store managers. TSMs implement Mars Wrigley Confectionery sales and marketing strategies by influencing decision-makers.
The position requires a high degree of integrity with the ability to work efficiently and effectively in an independent fashion without direct supervision. Individual territory performance is highly visible to the organization and key performance indicators (KPI's) are measured and reported daily to enable the Company to evaluate TSM performance. Associates are evaluated and compensated for their performance against these KPIs. Strong interpersonal skills, planning and organizational skills, time management and a drive for results are critical to success in this position. TSMs are responsible for setting their own schedules and work in a variety of retail settings and conditions. This position may require occasional overnight travel.
• Sell in company's strategy to Key Decision Makers using fact based tools and technology. These include priority, new item and incremental distribution, recommended shelving objectives and planograms, and incremental displays both permanent and temporary. Decide, customize, and implement advanced selling tools and fact based selling strategies to achieve orders and sustainable results resulting in increased share and gross sales for the company and the customer.
• Sell in distribution, shelving (where applicable) and displays in all channels. In C-Store and Grocery, where applicable, sell in contracts which will support delivery of the distribution, shelving and merchandising objectives. Enforce compliance throughout the year by providing business updates to the store decision makers. Execute trade and/or product payment commitment (where applicable).
• Measure and evaluate specific territory business (KPIs, trends, gaps/opportunities, what's working/not working). Provide solutions where gaps exist and execute these solutions accordingly. Own and lead this territory story with management team.
• Partner with 3rd party providers, where applicable, to execute merchandising required after the sales initiatives are sold in (i.e. displays, seasonal, shelving initiatives, distribution/on shelf availability).
• Prepare materials for all in-store and HQ sales presentations. Utilize advanced sales tools to develop fact-based presentations (i.e. syndicated data, retail link) that will result in KPI achievement and sustainable share and sales growth.
• Participate in team conference calls, training and attend all sales meetings.
• Responsible for storage facility and managing product rotation, inventory allocation, supplies, etc., in an efficient and effective way.
• A Bachelor's degree preferred with experience in field sales or territory management; HS Diploma and equivalent work experience required
• Ability to lift 40lbs
• Able to sit, stand and/or drive for long periods of time, as well as frequently bend, kneel and stoop
• Ability to walk for a minimum of 5 ½ hours per day
• Demonstrate ability to work remotely
• Subject to outside weather conditions and changing climates
• Must live in assigned posting region
• Prior Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) and/or retail sales experience
• Prior selling experience in the convenience, grocery or WalMart channels.
• The ability to use and understand a Windows based device and the programs required (i.e Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• Interpersonal skills including ability to influence and negotiate
• Ability to analyze and present data using communication techniques that demonstrate expertise on company products and market conditions