Technician - Electrical SIGN ON BONUS $1500
- Findlay, OH
SIGN ON BONUS $1500.00
Job Title: Maintenance Technician - Electrical
Hours: Rotating 12-hour shifts - 7:30am-8p; 7:30pm-8am; Mon, Tues days, Wed, Thurs Off, Fri, Sat, Sun Nights; Mon, Tues Off, Wed, Thurs Days, Fri, Sat, Sun Off; Switch
PURPOSE OF JOB
The Technical Leader's role is to provide on the production floor leadership to build Progressive Maintenance (PM) capability (breakdown elimination) and technical support (work order completion) for delivering the team's operational targets such as safety, quality and efficiency results. This role must proactively identify and action risks to safety, food safety, quality and production losses. Technical Leaders must also lead and coach root cause problem solving with the Make and Pack Technicians on team, effectively communicate priorities and escalate issues within their area and across shifts.
Technical Leaders have thorough understanding and mastery of Manufacturing Reliability Fundamentals such as Mars Supply Excellence (MSE) and the Factory Mars Operating System (FMOS/Daily Direction Setting DDS). This role will support the development and execution of Clean, Inspect, Lubricate (CIL), Center Line (CL) and Defect Management for their assigned area in Make or Pack. The Technical Leader is responsible for maintaining standard running conditions of operating equipment in their area plus the repair or replacement of failed components, the ability to troubleshoot unknown equipment issues and recommend adjustments to center line operational output of equipment.
- Lead and support the culture development of Mars, 5 Principles and Engagement.
- Coach Mars safety standards, tools and techniques.
- Identify, evaluate and eliminate safety risks using behavior-based safety program and near miss reporting.
- Coach Technicians on use and application of Mars Quality Principle, site quality standards including HACCP.
- Perform mechanical and electrical preventative maintenance on various manufacturing Make and Pack equipment and electrical panels.
- Complete work orders as assigned and proactively look at work orders to complete as time permits.
- Document preventative maintenance and work orders using SAP Plant Maintenance.
- Troubleshoot and repair routine electrical (such as motor starters, switches and sensors using multi-meters and amp probes) and mechanical (hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical drive systems at the component level) problems on all plant equipment.
- Conduct equipment breakdown analysis.
- Participate and sometimes lead Focused Improvement Teams to eliminate losses within functional area.
- Develop/train Make and Pack Technicians to: grow functional/technical skills, learn troubleshooting and repair skills to operate equipment more efficiently, understand Autonomous Maintenance activities.
- Perform technical tasks such as fabrication, welding, machinist skills.
- Drive delivery at or above target of following metrics: TRS, production reliability, stops reduction, mean time between failure, defects found and fixed, work order/PM completion rate.
- Support spares storeroom process and suggest improvements on how to manage spare parts.
- Uses MSE tools to achieve zero losses, ensure follow up to outages and root cause identification.
- Provide technical support to eliminate line top losses and team's equipment ownership improvements.
- Receive technical direction from the Controls Technician to assist in execution of controls specific support work.
- 90% on production floor working with Technicians to deliver results, assisting in equipment setup and changeover.
- Flow to work as needed to meet the business need.
KEY FUNCTIONAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Understand and adhere to LOTO, Confined Space, and all other plant safety/GMP requirements.
- Possess a fundamental understanding of electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics and mechanical drawings.
- Advanced machinist skills, metal work, plumbing and steam fitting.
- Advanced electrical power and controls, understanding of PLCs.
- Conduct hot work permit work as necessary to include grinding and welding.
- Ability to problem solve in area of operation utilizing MSE tools (Unified Problem Solving).
- Possesses technical mastery; Advanced technical troubleshooting skills in Make or Pack functional area.
- Subject Matter Expert for Autonomous Maintenance Step 4 component.
- Proficiency in work order, preventative maintenance completion and other maintenance activities of the plant.
- Advanced computer skills to include Proficiency, Excel, Line Event Data System, SAP, Red Prairie, Nexus.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to use part diagram and list to order parts.
- Ability to work with vender, suppliers.
- Passionate safety and quality ownership.
- Self-development: Demonstrated to learn & upgrade job related and leadership skills.
- Mechanical skill block owner and qualifier, experiences teaching and developing Technicians skillset.
- Demonstrated capability to uphold high standards and expectations on equipment/system ownership.
- Demonstrated capability to learn and qualify on new technology.
- Demonstrated ability to balance and handle multiple priorities and complexity.
- Drive Team unplanned down time reduction through PM capability building and breakdown reduction.
- Teamwork, strong collaboration, communication & effectiveness working with others.
- Daily Direction Setting coaching on technician root cause analysis.
- Proven ability to analyze data, determine root cause, eliminate losses utilizing the appropriate MSE methodology.
- Understanding of Mars Quality Management Program, HACCP.
- High level of technical competency and ability to handle multiple priorities and complexity.
- High school diploma and minimum of three to five years of experience in a TPM/technical, manufacturing environment.
- A technical degree in Industrial Maintenance, Electrical/Controls or related engineering/technical fields is a plus.
- Strong operational knowledge of manufacturing processes and equipment.
Back to top