Operator I's are system experts in their assigned area, and are highly functional in multiple areas. Operator I's must also ensure efficiency, operational conformance, product quality and continuous improvement. Functions as a member of an area team which is directly responsible for the efficient production of quality products in the required quantities. Operate specified machinery in the assigned area. Operator I's must have the skill set to train and/or perform the tasks of other associates in the area as needed. This job requires Strong Communication, Interpersonal and Team Building skills to support site objectives.
You must be willing to work 12 hour shifts. The majority of our openings will be night shift. The hours are 5:30 PM- 6 AM. The work schedule is 2 on, 2 off, 3 on, 2 off, 2 on, 3 off.
- Performs all assigned activities & job tasks within a line or area
- Able to perform jobs consisting of but not limited to: Can Supply, Loader, Unloader, Cooler, Dries, Meat Receiving, Mixer Helper, Filler/Seamer, Meat Table, QA Check, Retort Forklift, Caser and Labler.
- Operates equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Takes corrective actions in solving problems to root cause level.
- Able to assess equipment operating reliability and perform routine repairs, adjustments and malfunction troubleshooting.
- Works with Maintenance to complete equipment PM's.
- Able to maintain accurate records of QC checks, production numbers or waste performance.
- Keeps detailed log books: Performs all shift support documentation in a quality matter
- Performs QC tasks such as metal checks, inspection of date codes, item numbers, dump logs, etc.
- Good housekeeping practices shall be followed.
- High degree of ownership for product quality: Performs all standard quality checks & other quality related duties. Follow all plan GMP's.
- Able to operate a forklift.
- Able to operate a computer and utilize the basic standard desktop systems.
- Understands principles of inventory control.
- Has knowledge of the plant's products and goals.
- Understands production schedules, production computer systems, work instructions
- Has general knowledge of Mars & the systems used by the business.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
Context and Scope
•Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment, taking initiative with team along with other team members to train, motivate and solve problems.
•Demonstrated ability for communication, verbally and written, along with good listening and organizing skills.