Maintenance Technician- Line Coverage
Ability to troubleshoot various competencies: Advanced Pneumatic, Basic Hydraulic, AC/DC Electrical Systems, Automation (PLC and Instrumentation), Automation, Machining, and Mechanical Systems on all Process and Packaging Equipment with minimal guidance. As a Team, properly maintain and repair equipment in a fast paced, high production work environment, while prioritizing multiple mechanical/electrical and administrative tasks. Utilizing principles of TPM, provide ownership to a defined area of equipment to lead the PM pillar and support the AM pillar.
- Capable of troubleshooting, repairing and overhauling equipment within close tolerances.
- Perform routine electrical and mechanical problem-solving on process & packaging equipment.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance (PM's) and Predictive Maintenance (PdM) on Process & Packaging Equipment with minimal guidance.
- Understand and implement calibration on defined equipment within area ownership.
- Support Operations in equipment setup, changeover and training of operators in Autonomous Maintenance (AM) activities.
- Document Work Orders (WO) using Computerized Maintenance Management System (SAP-PPM Plant Maintenance).
- Effectively communicate with Operators, Peers, Supervisors and all levels of management on a daily basis.
- Provide enthusiastic support where needed and complete other duties as assigned by Team Leader.
- Demonstrate Engagement in Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) Theory and Concepts through participation in Pillar Teams, training fellow Technicians/Operators in Autonomous Maintenance (AM) activities to include conducting Breakdown Analysis (BDA's).
- Understand and adhere to Lock-Out/Tag-Out (LOTO) Procedures, Confined Space Procedures and all other Plant Safety/Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) requirements related to supporting machinery uptime.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Technical Degree/Trade Certification or 4-6 years equivalent work experience required.
- Associate's Degree in a Technical discipline, preferably in Industrial Maintenance/Technology.
- Successful completion of Mars Apprenticeship Program or Co-op.
- Possess a fundamental understanding of Electrical, Hydraulic and Pneumatic Schematics and Mechanical Drawings in order to solve problems in a timely manner at the component level on all assigned equipment; i.e. sorting systems and palletizing robots.
- Ability to troubleshoot AC/DC Electrical components (up to 480VAC 3 Phase) including motor starters, switches and sensors found on all assigned equipment using basic test equipment such as multi-meters and amp probes.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed to support production needs and to conduct multi-task work in a very fast paced work environment
- Willingness to develop required Technical Skills
- Possess an advanced understanding of AC/AC Electrical (up to 480VAC 3 Phase), Hydraulic and Pneumatic Schematics and Mechanical Drawings in order to solve problems in a timely manner.
- Technical/ Trade Certification in: Welding, Advanced Machinist Skills, fabrication and blueprint interpretation.
- Possess PLC/Instrumentation troubleshooting skills.
- Frequent lifting/carrying (10-50 lbs.).
- Frequent pushing/pulling (50-200 lbs.).
- Frequent handling/gripping/bending/stooping.
- Ability to work at elevated heights off a ladder or platform, climb stairs, leaning over equipment.
- Ability to stand and / or work on feet for extended periods (minimum eight hours in one shift).