Mars Wrigley is looking for a Maintenance Manager in our Elizabethtown, PA location! Home of our Dove Chocolate!
This is a day shift based role.
The Maintenance Manager (AKA: Area Maintenance Lead (AML)) is a critical member and people leader of the Area Leadership Team. They are responsible for reducing maintenances losses by optimizing proactive maintenance and eliminating unplanned maintenance breakdowns. The AML coordinates daily planned stops, owns Abnormality Handling, Job Planning (PMs, corrective work etc.), and Breakdown Elimination (BDE) processes including leading the RCA process, FMOS escalation, execution of corrective actions across their area. Additionally, the AML serves as the spokesperson for the maintenance group within the Area Leadership Team.
What are we looking for?
- High school degree or equivalent
- 5+ years' experience in Maintenance related role
- 2+ years' experience in a people leader role and able to develop a clear strategy to drive vision and purpose within their team
- Electrical & mechanical knowledge
- Ability to lead root cause analysis processes
- Must have strong computer skills with MS Office and Maintenance CMMS (Example: SAP, Maximio, eMaint, FIIX, etc)
- Willing to be on call (this is a 24/7 operation)
- Frequent lifting/carrying (10-50 lbs.) and frequent pushing/pulling (50-200 lbs.).
- Frequent handling/gripping/bending/stooping.
- Ability to work at elevated heights off a ladder or platform, climb stairs, leaning over equipment.
- Ability to stand and / or work on feet for extended periods (minimum eight hours in one shift).
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed to support production needs and to conduct multi-task work in a very fast paced work environment
Strongly Preferred Qualifications:
- 8+ years' experience in Maintenance related role
- Technical related certification or degree
- Previous people management experience
- CMRP, CMRT, MRM, CMP certifications and diplomas are highly desired.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Lead a maintenance team of 10+ associates in the plant
- Responsible for leading all maintenance activities and resources in an assigned plant or designated area, flawlessly executing planned maintenance shutdowns, leading all area technical continuous improvements and minimizing daily downtime
- Leads RCA process, determine root causes for production time lost and execute corrective actions to ensure eliminate issues.
- Leads PM and predictive maintenance programs, line maintenance shutdowns, and run-time preventative maintenance
- Leads equipment rebuild process and validate results, including manage external contractors for activities in the area.
- Leads PMO or PM Blitz workshops for their designated area.
- Follow FMOS escalation process for the area, owns escalation actions from the beginning to the end, including potentially off hour emergency calls.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by the Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we're striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.