Multiple locations: London-UK, Slough-UK, Chicago-US, New Jersey-US, will consider remote US and UK candidates as appropriate
Mars Inc is undergoing a significant Digital Transformation journey. Our ability to solve the most critical problems across Mars in a User Centric way through Data & Analytics is fundamental to our Digital Engine and our transformation. Significant early success in this journey, and the introduction of many critical foundational capabilities, means that we are looking to accelerate our ability to solve problems and ultimately drive value for Mars Inc.
The opportunities are significant for Mars, and the opportunities for those working in this space are both hugely exciting and rewarding. Connecting and deriving break-through insight from our Mars Wrigley data ecosystems, leveraging the rapidly growing world of external data to get closer to our customers and consumers than ever before, and unlocking efficiencies and automation in our Supply Chain and Quality operations are just some of our big focus areas.
Building on this momentum, we are recruiting an experienced Delivery Manager to join our Digital Foundry, alongside a team of Data Scientists, Data Engineers, and Delivery Managers, to design, build and deploy Advanced Analytics capabilities to drive efficiency and quality across Mars Wrigley's Supply Chain function.
TheDigital Foundry Senior Delivery Manager is a technical leader of people, responsible for evangelizing a data-driven decision-making culture across Mars by fostering a hypothesis-driven approach to problem-solving. A successful candidate will leverage their understanding of the business and jointly work with the decision and data science team to provide actionable insights for solving business problems or finding opportunities for profitable growth.
You will work & collaborate with the Digital Foundry Product Management, Global Analytics, Data & AI teams, whilst partnering to solve problems in close collaboration with users from our segments & markets around the world. This also provides the opportunity to be influential in the new & emerging capabilities that Mars needs to build to be successful with plenty of room for "firsts".
The Senior Delivery Manager will work independently and lead Product Delivery in partnership with Product Managers, Data Scientists, Data Engineers and Development Teams, receives minimal guidance and is viewed as a leading influencer across complex workstreams.
Within this team, you will:
- Lead delivery of complex Advanced Analytics capabilities in the areas of end-to-end optimization, including Planning and Performance Management across Operations and Supply Chain. This will drive actionable direction within the target market(s).
- Role model a passion for advanced analytics, and its applications to solve global supply chain problem statements.
- Form a constructive partnership with Product Managers to ensure product vision can become reality, whilst protecting solution integrity.
- Challenge the operational status quo, in pursuit of greater speed to value. Lead on initiatives to enact meaningful delivery way of working changes.
- Support product managers to ideate and build early perspectives on actionable insights to problem statements, facilitate the decision science team in proving/ disproving the hypothesis, continuously iterating as new information and/or insights come to light.
- Help the decision science and engineering teams with business context and provide necessary feedback during the analysis phase to ensure the outcomes deliver insights that are needed by the business
- Consistently skilled at building and managing relationships at director level and above
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge and understanding of the business, work with key business stakeholders to understand their challenges and formulate business problems
- Have a strong understanding of various statistical techniques, their application and translation of outcomes into insights/ business terms
- Provide external perspective into the Digital Foundry based on industry and discipline knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Qualifications & Competencies
Context and Scope
- Leverage the Mars Digital Engine Framework to Find the problem using user centric approach (Design Thinking), Solve it using Advanced Analytics and Machine learning, Automate the solution to scale while delivering in an agile manner
- Enabling & refining the operating model and ways of working for SCDA Digital Foundry in partnership with the Product Management group
- Collaborating with functional experts on an ongoing basis to ensure quality delivery for the global digital transformation program
- Ensure knowledge and best practices sharing across segments and markets to ensure reusability and improving analytical maturity
Knowledge / Experience
- Overall, 8-12 years of industry experience; minimum 5 years of Analytics experience in the Consumer Products Good Industry Supply chain/consulting experience in CPG industry
- Delivery/engagement management experience in consulting environment advantageous
- Experience advantageous in technology/source systems (SAP ERP, Azure, SQL, Hive, PowerBI, React)
- Agile delivery experience advantageous
Education & Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Management, Business Administration, STEM subject, or related field. Master's level study advantageous.
- Agile delivery qualifications (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, SixSigma, SaFe) very advantageous
- Change management qualification (e.g. PROSCII) a plus
Key Mars Leadership Competencies
Strategic Agility, Dealing with Ambiguity, Business Acumen, Developing Direct Reports, Building Effective Teams, Comfort around Higher Management
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 like-minded and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we're striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.