- New York, NY
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 50+ cities across 26 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. Our 5000+ professionals help clients optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman's thought leadership is evident in our agenda-setting books, white papers, research reports, and articles in the business press. Our clients are the CEOs and executive teams of the top Global 1000 companies.
Visit our website for more details about Oliver Wyman: www.oliverwyman.com
Are you obsessed with writing and editing the perfect story? Are you driven to help build a 21st century digital newsroom? Are you interested in working on some of the most challenging issues facing business leaders? So are we.
Oliver Wyman is seeking a Writer/Editor to create impactful content for our new content platform, The Forum. In this role, you will write short posts and quick hits on breaking news related to larger OW Forum themes, and also work with the managing editor to develop long-form pieces. You will run the daily operation and editorial scheduling of the OW Forum news-driven Web site, working with the Director of Digital Marketing, the Forum Digital Editor and the Forum Managing Editor. The mandate is to identify creative and compelling editorial approaches and to take an experimental approach to developing them, as we seek to define this area of our business.
The ideal candidate will bring energy and curiosity to their work and be able to manage multiple projects and tight deadlines working with co-workers located across the globe. We welcome applicants who have a strong background in storytelling, can develop engaging stories that bridge multiple platforms, and who come to work with a healthy curiosity and modestly irreverent sense of humor.
- Research, write, proofread and publish short posts and quick hits on breaking news related to larger Forum themes
- Work with managing editor and authors to develop long-form pieces, interactive elements, Q&As and video features
- Work with the Digital Editor to create original recurring digital franchises
- Working with Forum Digital Editor, Digital Marketing Impact Team, and Forum Managing Editor, develop new digital approaches to storytelling, leveraging Oliver Wyman research to create compelling interactive charts & graphics
- Social media
- Serve as manager of The Forum's social presence.
- Develop content for all social platforms on which the Forum resides
- Coordinate with the head of social media on best practices
- Engage key social media influencers to help grown the OW Forum brand
- Ensure MMC social media guidelines are being enforced.
- Contribute to the overall editorial strategy for the Forum, collaborating with the Managing Editor and Digital Editor
- Explore new platforms and electronic opportunities, including video, interactive data, social, blogging and beyond, while collaborating with the Digital Editor & Managing Editor to create new approaches to storytelling
- Serve as a consultant to the Forum team, collaborating on new approaches to promoting content, events and Forum capabilities.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in journalism, communications or business preferred.
- 5+ years' experience as a reporter/editor for a digital-first publication, ideally at a financial or business journal or Web site.
- Proven experience developing multi-platform content, including social media, blog and long-form journalism
Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of the company
- Demonstrated knowledge and curiosity over a broad topical range
- Capacity to dive into new subjects quickly, get up to speed, and report knowingly
- Flexibility, professional maturity
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to handle pressure and work to tight deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Self-starter who has an appetite for learning, is curious about business, society, geopolitics/economics, and technology that will influence future trends in the world, and is driven to excel and grow
- Finally, we are looking for someone who will be committed to the company and add to the life and culture of Oliver Wyman
Back to top