Workforce Transformation HR Leader
This role will make the 'Workforce of the Future' happen, Today!
This leadership opportunity is about making transformation happen in Mercer Services (MS) by creating a repeatable process that leverages the best existing tools and processes. This role will focus on how resources are moved into MS from Mercer, how resources are moved across countries and how resources are impacted by technology and optimization.
The leader in this role will take ambiguity out of the future for Mercer Services by creating a compelling story of change that is supported by pulling together all of the great work already done and packaging it into a toolbox and implementing a repeatable transformation process.
The toolbox will contain an end-to-end solution starting with; workforce planning, talent assessment, future skills capability training (leader and employee), certification, redeployment methodology and exit. Supporting the change journey, the leader will work with other teams (change, learning and communications) to develop a communications story line that provides direction and focus for leaders and employees as part an overall Branding campaign. This group will flip the change process and make leaders and employee want to 'pull' them into the future versus being pushed (embrace the change and see the value).
This role is designed to build the transformation machine reporting to the Mercer Services HR Leader and to drive the transformation project. Phase 1 of the role will be to tell the story of change and put together the best elements of work already done into a repeatable machine. Phase 2 will be to implement the machine in real-life transformation scenarios to prove the concept and refine the toolbox. Phase 3 will be to train HR and leaders on how to use the toolbox themselves. Phase 4 will be providing ongoing support, wrapping up the work into business as usual.
The Workforce Transformation Leader will need to be an exceptional project and change manager who is able to partner with multiple stakeholders in order to build the transformation machine.
Development and implementation of a repeatable process that moves work from Mercer to Mercer Services and utilizes the best existing tools and processes within the organization. This will involve partnering with HR and Talent & Inclusion to:
- Implement workforce planning to identify target groups from Mercer that will transition to MS, predict future work needs (roles & skills) and forecast by group within MS
- Identify implications of workforce shift and do organizational redesign. This would include identifying the new roles (plus skills associated) and roles that will be eliminated
- Conduct a talent and skills assessment process for incoming groups of employees
- Stream talent through a segmentation process in order to identify high potential and future-driven colleagues
- Implement a process that strategically deploys top talent through accelerated development interventions
- Design a learning curriculum and certification program that upon complete highlights the colleague (leaders and employees) as being future ready
Working with Talent Acquisition COE to:
- Promote internal job placements (IJP) for talent acquisition and utilize the upskilling certification program as a natural feeder for the IJPs.
- Develop and execute a redeployment process (including exit management) for colleagues displaced due to the transformation program.
- Monitoring and reporting on key people metrics in order to track program success. Metrics include headcount numbers, costs, productivity & others.
- Developing HR and business leader capability in the use of the transformation toolbox with the end goal of them being self-sufficient.
- Managing wrap of the project, including smooth transition of the SWAT team to other roles in the organization.
- Providing ongoing support to the transformation team after the end of the project, on need basis.
- University degree in Business, Human Resources, Technology or related field.
- 10 - 15 years in HR or Project Management
- Demonstrated business acumen, budget management, analysis and influence skills
- Experience working in a multi country role (managing performance across many cultures)
- Ability to build business cases highlighting needs, costs, priorities and tradeoffs
- Project management skills- has the ability to leverage existing processes and resources to build the machinery and can get work done through multiple stakeholders.
- Branding and communication skills
- Strategic/tactical planning skills
- Proven ability to connect to the technology driven parts of the business, therefore it is essential for the candidate to be comfortable with changing technology (for example robotics and AI) and be passionate about its ability to have a positive impact on the way we work.
- The candidate will have proven business acumen, be able to approach problems solving creatively in an ambiguous environment, as well as bring strong project and change management expertise to drive the transformation.
- Change management: Is able to apply a change lens to the design, development and delivery of the work
- Problem Solver: Has the ability to work on complex, multi-layered business problems and come up with innovative solutions that are focused on the end-goal.
- Story telling & marketing campaign experience: Has the ability and experience to communicate effectively. Is able to engage, inspire and influence colleagues across numerous communication channels and build a brand for the new project.
- Agility: The individual needs to have the ability to quickly size up a situation, gather detail and data, and bring forward optimal solutions.
- Dealing with ambiguity: As the project is one of its kinds with no prior precedence, the individual may need to change gears multiple times to gauge what's working and what's not and drive effective decision-making.
- Driving and execution: Ability to be both a strategic thinker and doer, capable of flawless execution who builds solutions in the context of the business strategy
- Collaboration and partnership: Success in this role will be hugely dependent upon the incumbent being able to knit together work from multiple parts of the organization into a cohesive whole.
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top