Workforce Strategy & Analytics Consultant - Senior Analyst
- Washington, DC
The Workforce Strategy and Analytics (WSA) practice is at the forefront of rapid advances in the fields of workforce science, people analytics, and diversity & inclusion. Using approaches from applied microeconomics and I/O psychology, we help our clients unlock critical insights about their people and build diverse and inclusive workforces. Our team has been exploring relationships in workforce data for more than 25 years and continues to help organizations solve their most challenging human resource questions through statistical analyses.
Some of our core projects include:
- Pay equity to help clients ensure pay is equitable for all employees regardless of their demographic background
- Internal labor market analyses to identify drivers of key workforce outcomes, such as retention, engagement, promotion, and performance, and interventions an organization can undertake to influence these outcomes
- Strategic workforce planning that enables an organization to balance its current and projected demand for talent against current and projected supply
- Business impact modeling to identify the workforce characteristics and management practices that are the strongest drivers of business outcomes such as productivity, profitability, growth, quality, and customer retention
- External labor market analyses to help companies better understand the labor markets in which they operate or explore where to open a new location
Do you enjoy coding and applying statistical methods? Do you have a passion for improving diversity and inclusion using analytics? Are you interested in "connecting the dots" and developing practical, data-driven insights beyond simple data tabulation? Do you want to work on project teams and learn from experts in talent analytics? WSA has immediate openings with an opportunity for you to innovate, grow, and advance. In this role, you will:
- Download, structure, and clean data from clients, and prepare data for analysis
- Perform advanced statistical analysis, including regression modeling
- Generate and present insights with recommendations to clients
- Draft and proof presentations
- Create and improve analytical tools
- Apply research in Labor Economics, Organizational Psychology, and related areas to answer client questions
- Train and develop new analysts
Our required core competencies are:
- PhD or Master's in economics, I-O or related psychology, labor relations, statistics, or other quantitative social science field
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with and manipulating large databases
- Experience conducting statistical or econometric analyses independently
- Ability to translate complex technical findings into easy to understand terms
- Programming experience (SAS or R a plus)
- Self-direction and self-motivation
- Ability to work collaboratively with teammates across disciplines and engage with clients
Should/must have work authorization to work in the U.S.
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top