Workforce Rewards Consultant
- Philadelphia, PA
The market landscape is changing at an unprecedented pace. Customer and client expectations are constantly evolving. Companies are merging at historic rates. Technology is developing faster than the market can keep up with. So what competitive advantage is left? The answer: people. Your people are your only irreplaceable assets, the ones who will make the difference now and for years to come.
What We Need:
A Workforce Rewards Consultant within Mercer's Career business who will be the project manager or work stream lead on client projects. The Workforce Rewards Consultant supports companies in the design and execution of performance measurement and reward strategies that reinforce business objectives. A Workforce Rewards Consultant works with organizations to identify the financial and people factors that drive value.
Your Responsibilities Include:
- Providing consulting services as a primary project manager to lead individuals or a team to perform analyses, bringing together various data and perspectives to deliver comprehensive and innovative workforce rewards solutions for clients.
- Directing, reviewing, and interpreting analyses performed by the project team through guidance provided by senior team leads. Creating and/or reviewing client deliverables.
- Delivering day-to-day project management support to teams, and serving as a primary contact to clients for moderately to highly complex engagements and serving as a trusted advisor to clients.
- Guiding team member and supervising the work of junior staff. Developing, evaluating and mentoring less experienced colleagues.
- Consulting to clients on a variety of remuneration issues relative to market practice, including competitiveness of pay, base pay structures, short- and long-term incentive programs, performance measurement, and governance and regulatory implications.
- Supporting the development of compensation strategies, philosophies and programs that address clients' attraction and retention needs.
- Designing and evaluating organizational job leveling structures and/or conducting job evaluation.
- Contributing to new business opportunities and supporting the development of proposals to executive level management.
To be considered for this opportunity, we require the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- At least 5 years' experience in human resources, business, or finance-related consulting (with specific experience in broad-based compensation) or broad-based compensation in a large corporate environment.
- BA/BS degree required, MBA preferred
- Experience through consulting or corporate roles leading public and private companies in a variety of industries on compensation strategy development, competitive pay evaluation, pay/performance links, incentive program design (annual and long-term), equity strategy, change in control planning, mergers and acquisitions, board compensation and other issues
- Strong analytical, writing and presentation skills
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Proven project management skills and creative problem-solving abilities
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to function well in a team environment
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer. Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
See Inside the Office of Marsh & McLennan Companies
Marsh & McLennan Companies are four organizations—Marsh, Mercer, Guy Carpenter, and Oliver Wyman—that share a purpose of helping clients meet challenges and seize opportunities. As a unique professional services firm, Marsh & McLennan Companies boasts a global network of 60,000 experts in risk strategy, helping complex organizations manage risks and make the most of their opportunities, their capital, and their people.
Back to top