Wealth - Retirement Consulting Actuarial Intern – Philadelphia – College Program 2020
- Philadelphia, PA
- Do you want your internship to be with a global leader in health, wealth and career consulting?
- Are you seeking to learn and grow professionally and personally this summer?
If you answered "Yes" to those two questions - read on to learn more!
WHO WE ARE
Mercer is a global consulting leader in health, wealth and career. We help clients worldwide from small businesses to Fortune 1000 companies advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset - their people. Mercer's 2,500 US Health Consultants deliver disciplined, consistent approaches, to benchmarking, data analytics, financial management, marketing, compliance and communication.
Mercer's Wealth consultants design long-term wealth benefit programs that ensure appropriate support for retired employees while respecting an organization's strategy, culture and budget. Our Wealth Financial Management framework, supported by state-of-the-art tools, enables us to produce measurable retirement plan improvements.
To learn more about Mercer's Health practice, please visit https://www.mercer.com/what-we-do/wealth-and-investments.html
WHAT'S IT IN FOR YOU?
- Client exposure and a high level of responsibility
- Allows you to use your natural skills and learn new ones
- Provides you the opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in the industry
WHAT WE VALUE
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to function well in a team environment
- Creative problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
WHAT A TYPICAL DAY LOOKS LIKE
- Analyze client data to track historical and future employment trends and their correlation to retirement benefit programs and funding
- Use state-of-the-art software and stochastic modeling tools to calculate clients financial measurement of their retirement benefit programs
- Assist senior consultants as they strategize with clients to develop/enhance their retirement benefit programs
- Review and share updated regulations and or legislated changes that affect clients' ongoing administration of their retirement benefit programs.
WEALTH ACTUARIAL INTERN REQUIREMENTS
- Progress towards a bachelor's degree in actuarial science, math, statistics, economics, or other related field
- Status as a currently enrolled student; candidates should have an expected graduation date in the Fall of 2020 or Spring of 2021
- Record of top academic achievement (minimum preferred GPA: 3.0 / 4.0)
- A commitment to achieving a Society of Actuaries (SOA) designation
- Legal work authorization in the U.S. on a permanent and ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
At Mercer, we believe that diversity and inclusion are vital components of our future and our goal is to leverage the unique skillsets that each person brings to the company. We provide our employees with a supportive, collaborative environment that leads to innovative ideas and the ability to make an impact. If you thrive on a challenge and enjoy connecting with people, we're looking for you!
We will review application submissions on a rolling basis. You will be contacted only if you are selected for a first round interview. The first round interview will consist of an on-demand digital video interview through the Hirevue platform.
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer's more than 22,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 60,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh, which advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions; Guy Carpenter, which develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities; and Oliver Wyman, which serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, please visit us at:http://careers.mmc.com/and for a glimpse into our culture check out our profile on theMuse. Follow Mercer on Twitter @lifeatmercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/ . We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
See Inside the Office of Marsh & McLennan Companies
Marsh & McLennan Companies are four organizations—Marsh, Mercer, Guy Carpenter, and Oliver Wyman—that share a purpose of helping clients meet challenges and seize opportunities. As a unique professional services firm, Marsh & McLennan Companies boasts a global network of 60,000 experts in risk strategy, helping complex organizations manage risks and make the most of their opportunities, their capital, and their people.
Back to top