Wealth KM Operations Manager & Knowledge Specialist
This dual role is a combination of responsibilities supporting a specific domain of knowledge within a line of business (LOB) and focusing on improving the operational systems, processes and policies in support of the KM team's mission -- specifically, supporting better information flow and management, business process, organizational planning and digital transformations. Under the guidance of the LOB KM Leader and the KM Leadership team, this role works both independently and with counterparts on other LOB KM teams.
All facets of this role aim to improve efforts in areas such as machine learning/artificial intelligence, expertise/reputation management, search, content management, social collaboration/communities, taxonomy, and analytics. The person will promote and encourage a culture that values knowledge sharing, learning and digital experiences.
- Prioritizes tracks and delivers KM projects taking place across the domain of knowledge within a LOB, including planning and managing team workloads.
- Standardizes processes and ensures adherence to best practices.
- Partners with other Operations Managers and KM Innovation & Technology Managers across the LOBs to review/create, document, and standardize existing KM best practices across KM (metrics, content review, etc.) and effective use within their LOB KM team.
- Creates and executes project plans for new initiatives. Uses project management tools such as WRIKE to effectively manage projects ensuring tasks are appropriately assigned to team mates and timelines are met. Works with counterparts to deliver.
- Uses process and team analysis (such as Lean tools, Stop-Slow-Go, KM consulting techniques, design thinking, data and metrics, and other standard approaches) to prioritize work and influence decision-making.
- Ensures training on new approaches using training model (technical training and professional development), bringing other teammates in as needed.
- Partners with KM Innovation & Technology Managers on digital workplace/intranet platform team on requests or projects that require LOB input.
- Curates content for domain of knowledge following current and emerging best practices, with the assistance of existing tools (example: Adobe metrics), future tools (example: artificial intelligence and/or machine learning).
- Coordinates with a network of SMEs and other colleagues from across the business to create and enhance content.
- Identifies opportunities to commercialize intellectual capital and thought leadership.
- Supports behavioral and technology changes needed to improve the effectiveness of knowledge sharing, engagement and collaboration inside and outside the organization.
- In conjunction with related KSs and KM Leaders, proactively translates future market trends and customer needs into solutions to sell on membership sites.
- Leverages data, analytics and cognitive solutions to develop and deploy leading-edge knowledge solutions supporting business goals and colleagues.
- Partners with other core operational functions including Marketing & Sales, Internal Communications and Learning to ensure domain of knowledge and content is integrated into day-to-day operations of the business.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English).
- Digitally savvy, forward-thinking, curious about the future of work for knowledge management and content curation.
- Strong collaborative decision-making, comprehensive problem-solving and positive influencing skills with colleagues at all levels.
- Excellent project management skills. Working knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma preferred.
- Ability to understand how KM processes work and how they can be improved; also able to create and document new processes following KM best practices
- Ability to synthesize multiple inputs into a cohesive plan with concrete actions to execute
- Ability to work in a fast-moving, ever-changing environment while managing multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently and on a virtual, global team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite.
- Experience in working with content management/collaboration systems a plus such as SharePoint and Office 365.
- Knowledge management experience preferred.
- Knowledge management or technology program management experience preferred.
- Specific LOB and/or industry experience preferred.
The primary internal and external contacts with whom the position interacts on a regular and recurring basis:
- Solution/Service/Product Owners and SMEs
- Colleagues within consulting (LOB) businesses
- Marketing & Sales leaders
- Digital Team
- LOB Learning leaders
- Internal Communications leaders / advisors
- KM team, in particular the Wealth KM Leader
- Digital Workplace Team (DWT) for processes and best practices
- Warsaw KM hub
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top