Wealth - Investment Consulting Intern – Atlanta – College Program 2020
- Atlanta, GA
POSITION: Investment Summer Intern
- Do you want your internship to be with a global leader in health, wealth and career consulting?
- Are you seeking to learn and grow professionally and personally this summer?
If you answered "Yes" to those two questions - read on to learn more!
WHO WE ARE
We're Mercer - a global consulting leader in health, wealth and career. Mercer has more than 22,600 colleagues based in over 40 countries. We help clients worldwide from small businesses to Fortune 1000 companies advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset - their people.
THE POSITION: Investment summer intern
Mercer's Investments business is a leading global provider of investment services. We offer customized guidance at every stage of the investment decision. For more than 40 years, Mercer's Investments business has provided investment advice and solutions to corporate pension funds and 401(k) plans, foundations, endowments, wealth managers and other institutional investors.
As an Investment Intern there are opportunities on both our Consulting track and our Manager Research track. In both tracks you will work in a fast-paced, energetic, action-oriented environment. As an intern, you will use your drive and strong analytical and communication skills to help your team achieve clients' goals.
To learn more about Mercer's Investment practice, please visit https://www.mercer.com/what-we-do/wealth-and-investments.html
WHAT WE VALUE:
- Strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative, and working knowledge of Microsoft Office-Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of data analysis, project management, and presentation design
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity; seeking opportunities to develop new skills
- Ability to work in teams and be flexible to work under tight deadlines and changing client needs
- Superior organizational skills and strong attention to detail
WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME?
- Be challenged to deliver impactful solutions for major organizations and have a direct impact on their employees
- Fine tune your natural skills and learn new ones
- Opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in the industry
- First hand exposure to client work
- Fun social and professional development events throughout the summer
WHAT A TYPICAL DAY LOOKS LIKE:
- Analyze different investment markets, managers' investment styles, and portfolio characteristics
- Collect and analyze data needed for client's quarterly portfolio performance reports
- Assist in producing presentations that review the general state of the economy, stock/bond market both domestically and internationally, economic trends, and changes in regulations affecting investments.
- Provide ad-hoc support to consultants in preparing for internal and external research meetings by gathering background information through internet searches on clients and investment managers.
- Attend investment manager meetings in the local office each week to gain exposure to the industry and observe and learn from the consultants who lead the meetings.
- A fully matriculated student with Junior Class standing, progressing towards a bachelor's degree in finance, economics, mathematics, or other business-related areas
- Minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Legal work authorization to work in the U.S. on a permanent and ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
At Mercer, we believe that diversity and inclusion are vital components of our future and our goal is to leverage the unique skillsets that each person brings to the company. We provide our employees with a supportive, collaborative environment that leads to innovative ideas and the ability to make an impact. If you thrive on a challenge and enjoy connecting with people, we're looking for you!
We will review application submissions on a rolling basis. You will be contacted only if you are selected for a first round interview. The first round interview will consist of an on-demand digital video interview through the Hirevue platform.
Back to top