Wealth Consulting Actuarial Analyst- Philadelphia- College Program 2020
- Philadelphia, PA
WEALTH CONSULTING ANALYST
We're Mercer - a global consulting leader in health, wealth and career. Mercer has more than 22,000 colleagues based in over 40 countries. We help clients worldwide from small businesses to Fortune 1000 companies advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset - their people.
If you like the idea of helping clients achieve financial security and you're a whiz at calculations and data analysis, a Wealth consulting career at Mercer might be a great fit for you. A Wealth consultant at Mercer advises clients on their actuarial and/or investment related areas.
We're an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive and flexible work environment, and we're looking to attract and retain the best people. Join our Mercer Wealth team!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
As part of Mercer's Wealth business, you'd support your client team in delivering actuarial and investment consulting services to retirement plan sponsors of mid-size to large organizations. Here's a summary of some things you'll need to do in this role:
- Develop liabilities for defined benefit pension plans and post-retirement medical and life plans using Mercer's valuation software.
- Analyze data, review, and reconcile participant information used for valuation and administration.
- Create individual statements that outline participant pension benefit information.
- Complete annual regulatory requirements for retirement plans, including government filings and audit assistance.
- Assist in preparation of investment performance reports for defined benefit and defined contribution plans.
- Assist in evaluation of portfolio characteristics and explain the impact of investment styles on fund performance.
- Assist in special projects such as retirement plan design & analysis, financial projections, funding strategies, investment manager search, DC funds line-up harmonization & fund selection, asset allocation studies and many more.
- Keep clients informed about major developments within the industry including legislative changes, governance issues, management changes within investment management firms etc.
- Attend and participate in client meetings with consultants to present results and findings.
- Manage internal and external client deadlines, prioritize and address client and vendor requests as they arise.
- Support Actuarial and/or Investment processes e.g. project management, liaising with the internal stakeholders including offshore teams.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE:
- Bachelor's degree in math, finance, actuarial science, business, economics or related field.
- Experience working in teams and with large, complex amounts of data
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication and project management skills
- Commitment to achieving ASA/FSA/EA or CFA/CIMA designations.
- Actuarial or CFA exam passes are preferred.
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you. Please send in your application.
Back to top