VP - Reinsurance Broker
- San Francisco, CA
Reviews risk analyses from junior Brokers and develops and presents innovative solutions and approaches for client needs and complex risk situations.
Advises clients on moderately complex risks and negotiates transactions for clients.
Responds independently to client queries and concerns, resolving issues promptly to ensure client satisfaction.
Oversees the timely production of appropriate account/program documents and the follow-up on policy documentations.
Assists with identifying and pursuing potential opportunities to win new clients and projects.
Independently handles assignments and may also assist more senior-level Brokers in serving larger or more complex clients.
Establishes and maintains strong relationships with insurers/reinsurers, clients, and colleagues to provide complex solutions to clients.
Demonstrates a broad knowledge of coverage lines, markets and other more specialized products to better serve clients.
May check contract documents and bond forms, as well as banking terms and conditions.
May check and educate the Client the terms and conditions of General Agreement of Indemnity required to be executed by Clients to support all surety transactions.
May check financial statements for all industries with specific knowledge of each industries unique financial metrics.
Bachelor's Degree required.
Knowledge & Skills
Thorough knowledge of insurance/reinsurance concepts and terms for developing and placing reinsurance programs, preparing placement slips and cover notes, and drafting or amending new and existing contracts.
• Strong interpersonal skills for establishing and maintaining good client, reinsurer and internal relationships.
• Strong verbal and writing skills for complex communications (presentations, negotiations, etc.) with clients, markets and GC colleagues at many levels.
• Strong ability to prioritize workload according to volume, urgency, etc.
• Strong ability to find creative solutions to new problems, as they arise.
• Strong ability to be organized and pay attention to detail.
• Strong computer skills for using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
• Strong ability to maintain compliance with professional standards, where applicable, as well as company-wide quality initiatives.
Strong ability to address client needs by accessing and organizing resources.
• Strong ability to manage clients and help them address issues proactively.
• Strong ability to understand clients' business industry.
• Strong ability to work as part of a team to support clients' needs.
• Strong ability to handle significant workflow through efficient time management.
• Strong ability to challenge appropriately - supports case with facts and information.
• Strong ability to seek ways to streamline and improve current processes.
• Assist in and play a role in client presentations.
• Demonstrate commitment to clients and helps them address issues proactively.
• Demonstrate skills at identifying and solving potential problems in their specialty and develops
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC, a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist, has over a 90-year history of providing integrated solutions to the (re)insurance industry. With over 2,300 professionals in more than 50 offices around the world, Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help our clients achieve profitable growth. As our clients' most trusted and valuable reinsurance broker and strategic advisor, we leverage our intellectual capital to anticipate and solve for a range of emerging strategic business challenges and opportunities. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.guycarpenter.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuyCarpenter
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top