VP of Operations
Established as one of the premier insurance agencies in the USA, Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) is meeting the needs of mid-sized businesses across the country. MMA's services are targeted to customers who seek professional advice on program structure, market knowledge, experience and expertise in their industry, along with local resources and service professionals.
MMA provides global risk management, risk consulting, insurance brokerage, alternative risk financing, and program management services for businesses, public entities, associations, professional services organizations, and private clients. We offer specialized products and services covering a wide spectrum of risks.
As an MMA associate, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation
- Entrepreneurial leadership
- Unmatched, scalable resources
- International platforms tailored at the local level
- Focused practice groups/industry verticals
- Belief in the power of strong carrier partnerships
- A firm that is committed to core values
This position can be located in Fort Lauderdale or Miami.
Provides leadership, strategic direction, and oversight for region's operational resources. Leads efforts to drive strategic alignment and consistency within regional functions. Works closely with regional executives, sales, and finance leaders to achieve best practice targets in the areas of revenue growth, operational efficiency, acquisition execution, and legal/compliance matters. Accountable for client experience, agency technology, marketing/communications, agency administration and facilities. Creates accountability for execution of key initiatives within region.
- Leads the Florida Operations, leadership group and team members to create optimal service standards to steer growth for the Region.
- Positive influencer of the client experience and service standards with oversight of client service and vendor relationship management.
- Drives client engagement that meets/exceeds retention goals, recognizes cross-sale opportunities, and delivers a positive referral source for prospective clients.
- Serves on MMA-FL Strategic Leadership Group to focus on long-medium-short term strategic planning and decision making processes for the Region, including business retention and growth; oversight on policy development; and, client, colleague and community experience opportunities.
- Partners to grow Region through successful acquisition and transition of target firms.
- Participates in recruitment, retention and succession of talent for the Region; embraces and is actively engaged with intern and early-career programs as well as any other talent development initiatives or organizational learning opportunities.
- Ensures compliance with corporate and legal standards and mitigates firm risks with compliance and audit procedures across all lines of business.
- Ensures a responsive IT environment, overseeing acquisitions and funding business cases for divisional and national approvals.
- Provides executive oversight of Operations forecast and budget.
- Partners to grow the Region through successful acquisition and transition of target firms.
- Bachelor's degree. Will consider equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Outstanding professionalism and business planning capability.
- Strong leadership skills with a proven record of success in colleague development and teambuilding.
- Strong client experience skills with a proved record of successfully developing and implementing client retention programs.
- Provide direction and support to multiple teams and negotiates well in difficult situations and skilled in conflict resolution techniques.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be a self-starter and be comfortable managing a diverse team.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and writing skills, as well as a high level of proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels in the organization and with different groups and stakeholders.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, and demonstrated success directing and managing project teams and meeting commitments, and timetables.
- Ability to travel (30-40%).
2015, 2013, 2011 BEST PLACES TO WORK - South Florida Business Journal
2012 HEALTHIEST EMPLOYERS - South Florida Business Journal
2011 TOP INSURANCE FIRMS IN SOUTH FLORIDA - Business Leader Magazine
2015, 2011, 2009 SOUTH FLORIDA WORKSITE WELLNESS AWARD
2018, 2016 AMERICA's BEST LARGE EMPLOYERS - Forbes
2016 AHA Fit Friendly
2019, 2017, 2016 SOUTH FLORIDA'S TOP WORKPLACES - Sun Sentinel
See Inside the Office of Marsh & McLennan Companies
Marsh & McLennan Companies are four organizations—Marsh, Mercer, Guy Carpenter, and Oliver Wyman—that share a purpose of helping clients meet challenges and seize opportunities. As a unique professional services firm, Marsh & McLennan Companies boasts a global network of 60,000 experts in risk strategy, helping complex organizations manage risks and make the most of their opportunities, their capital, and their people.
Back to top