Voluntary Benefit Analyst
- Urbandale, IA
The purpose of this role is to provide detailed support to Mercer employee benefit consultants for small and large case clients. It will require obtaining best in class proposals for Voluntary Benefits products including Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Long Term Care, Auto/Home, Identity Theft, Legal, Pet, Employee Purchase programs, and Employee Discount programs.
- Serve as a product design specialist for small case and large case voluntary benefits products, including Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Long Term Care, Auto/Home, Identity Theft, Legal, Pet, Employee Purchase programs, and Employee Discount programs
- Manages and prepares Request for Proposal process for purposes of securing benefit design and pricing from carriers, vendors
- Analyze carrier proposals, in a side-by-side comparison, including premiums and administration requirements
- Produce vendor/carrier analysis that formulates solutions and assists with recommendations for prospective or existing clients regarding benefit plan design and administrative requirements
- Serve as final peer review for product and vendor/carrier related sales collateral
- Assess and report any issues for ongoing discussion with vendors/carriers to the appropriate product manager
- College degree required or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in employee benefits, enrollment services, or voluntary benefits
- Sharp attention to detail, organizational skills, and time management required
- Employee benefit plan knowledge
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access
- Strong oral and written communications, including an understanding of vendor/carrier proposal language
- Holds, or will obtain within 60 days of employment, appropriate insurance licenses including Life & Health, Property & Casualty
- Experience with life and disability products preferred
- Ability to influence business relationships
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
See Inside the Office of Marsh & McLennan Companies
Marsh & McLennan Companies are four organizations—Marsh, Mercer, Guy Carpenter, and Oliver Wyman—that share a purpose of helping clients meet challenges and seize opportunities. As a unique professional services firm, Marsh & McLennan Companies boasts a global network of 60,000 experts in risk strategy, helping complex organizations manage risks and make the most of their opportunities, their capital, and their people.
Back to top