Vice President, Employee Health & Benefits - Marsh & McLennan Agency - Troy, Michigan
- Troy, MI
You spend more time working than virtually anything else. Isn't your time worth more than just a paycheck? If so, Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) located inTroy, Michiganmay be the place for you. As an MMA colleague, you'll get personal and professional development, a driven and entrepreneurial team-oriented environment, and leaders at all levels who are committed to maintaining high levels of colleague engagement.
Our talented colleagues work hard to make a difference in the moments that matter for our clients, communities and each other. Discover how much is possible as you grow or advance your career.
Marsh & McLennan Agency located in Troy, Michiganserves the group benefit needs of organizations headquartered in Michigan that employ between 100 and 10,000 workers. We provide innovative and individually tailored cost reduction strategies and tactics in all of the functional elements of group benefit plans.
TheVice President of Health and Benefitshas overall responsibility for the client relationship within their assigned book-of-business. This involves establishing and maintaining excellent internal and external relationships, seeking and understanding the client's needs, and managing the team responsible for delivering all aspects of our services delivered. TheVice Presidentis expected to have a higher level of involvement in the work product prepared by the Plan Analyst. In addition to their client management responsibilities, allVicePresidentshave new business development responsibilities and are expected to stay current with emerging industry trends.
1. Manage overall client relationship on assigned book-of-business.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with all client contacts.
- Proactively seek input on client's satisfaction with MMA-MI services. This includes following up on client satisfaction survey results when appropriate.
- Proactively establish relationships with new buyers when client contacts change.
- Lead the development of client service plan and/or service deliverables for the prospective year.
- Periodically assess progress of team on client service plan deliverables throughout the year.
2. Manage Plan Analyst and Account Manager team members on assigned book-of-business.
- Provide leadership and direction to all team members.
- Provide greater direction to Plan Analysts on client work product deliverables.
- Lead the team through client work product and service plan deliverables such that adequate lead time and direction are provided to team members.
- Participate in the training of new hires on your team, as needed.
- Conduct periodic WIP meetings with team members, as needed.
- Prepare quality Performance Reviews on a timely basis for all team members.
- Promote and support the use of MMA-MI standard tools, templates and policies within your team.
3. Sales and marketing responsibilities.
- Maintain and build relationships with contacts in the market at developing prospects and client alumni.
- Lead the sales and presentation process on prospective new MMA-MI clients. The degree of focus on new business sales will vary by Account Director and their established book-of-business, but all Account Directors are expected to contribute to MMA-MI's growth.
- Grow revenues on assigned book of business by creating opportunities or acting on opportunities presented.
- Participate in monthly relationship marketing/sales meetings with the Vice President, Marketing & Sales.
- Maintain excellent persistency on assigned clients.
4. Stay current on market trends.
- Maintain a self-disciplined approach to staying current on emerging trends in health care benefit and other industry trends.
- Proactively present and discuss innovative industry strategies to clients.
- Seek out best practices in the delivery of client work product.
- Stay current on MMA-MI competitors in the market.
5. Participate in company-wide initiatives when asked.
- Participate in the development and presentation of company seminars, if requested/needed.
- Participate and/or lead MMA-MI work teams if requested/needed.
- Attend and actively participate in Account Director meetings.
- Actively share best practices, work product and ideas within the Account Director segment and company overall.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree, preferably in business.
- Minimum of 5 to 8 years industry experience working for an insurance agency, consulting firm, group insurance carrier or related experience.
- Strong working knowledge of the group benefits industry, particularly within the financial and strategic planning areas.
- Strong leadership, persuasion, communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task.
- Ability to work in a team leadership role.
- Must be self-directed, organized and resourceful.
- Must have and maintain a valid license to sell life and health insurance in the State of Michigan.
- Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) firmly believes it is the character and commitment of our people that make a difference in the moments that matter. We are always seeking those with ethics, talent, and ambition who are interested in joining our client-focused teams. More than just insurance brokers, we believe that a business culture that supports a healthy, safe work environment does so by offering the right benefits, programs, policies and opportunities to keep employees engaged and productive.
- If you are a committed professional with a passion for delivering excellent service, we are interested in hearing from you.
Marsh & McLennan Agency offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits including: medical/Rx, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, life & ad&d, short-term and long-term disability benefits,401k, employee stock purchase program and an employee assistance program.
Back to top