US Media Relations Manager
We're looking for an energetic, experienced media strategist to become a part of a globally integrated and aligned marketing and communications team. In this position you will create and execute media strategy and manage media activity across Marsh's multiple industries, risk practices, subsidiaries, and portfolio businesses in the United States.
Our ideal candidate is a creative self-starter with excellent writing skills, and strong journalist relationships, especially with Tier 1 reporters. You possess natural curiosity, an inherent drive to seek out coverage for the company, and an ability to find unique ways to promote news and thought leadership across multiple channels.
In this US-focused role, your responsibilities will include the following activities:
- Aligning media relations focus and activities with business objectives and sales and growth priorities.
- Creating and executing media plans that use paid, earned, owned and social media strategies to effectively promote content, brand, and thought leadership.
- Proactively pitching stories and developing relationships with reporters at key vertical trades and Tier 1 outlets.
- Writing, editing, and distributing press releases.
- Preparing colleagues at various levels for media interviews, including broadcast, and other public venues.
- Vetting external speaking engagement opportunities.
- Preparing external talking points and key messages.
- Proactively responding to situations that offer media coverage opportunities.
- Responding quickly to in-bound press requests.
- Preparing targeted media distribution lists.
- Ensuring all media efforts comply with corporate policies, procedures, and process.
- Significant experience working with the press.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage social media to amplify results.
- Organizational and project management skills - must be able to juggle a number of projects simultaneously with great attention to detail.
- Confidence to work with the company's senior leadership.
- Ability to demonstrate creative problem solving.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to navigate and thrive within a heavily matrixed environment.
- Public Relations agency experience.
- Experience in B2B financial services space.
Education and years of experience:
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, PR, communications, marketing or related field.
- At least 7 years of professional experience
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top