US Insurer Consulting Leader
- New York, NY
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth.
Marsh's liaison to our major carrier partners - the ICL will work with 2-10 carriers to grow our relationship with them and implement cohesive growth strategies.
- Drives the delivery of client engagements as "on the ground" managers
- Acts as key contact with senior level clients at our carrier partners, and provides leverage to the client and the firm by delivering high quality work, developing and capturing intellectual capital and supporting new or expanded business opportunities.
- Facilitates multiple cross-functional, moderately-sized teams to drive successful completion of results across team members, prepare and maintain project plans, establish project protocols and review results.
- Provides guidance and coverage for more junior consultants, insight and leverage for Partners.
- Participates in focused new business development and aspects of the commercial process.
- Leads firm building activities.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree or higher preferred
- At least 10+ years of experience in managing national carrier relationships for a broker or managing a national product line for an insurance carrier
- Ability to travel 30%
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Project management and implementation experience ideal
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension and 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top